Tochal Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
nader

nader - Jul 14, 2003 7:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you for the information.

mmt2mt

mmt2mt - Jul 14, 2003 1:31 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

There is also a new shelter in mid-way of Shirpala--touchal.Named Amiri shelter . That made for memorial of Ali Amiri who passed away exactly there.it can hold about 20 people.

Regarding the ski resort also new sky area has opened by the 7th station of touchal Tele-Cabin line.That also have a 5 Star hotel at the buttomn of ski area established on 2002.

nader

nader - Jul 14, 2003 7:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you for the information.

riosambesi - Jun 12, 2015 7:31 pm - Hasn't voted

shelter

Hi there,
thanks for sharing the detailed info about Tochal.
I´m intending to go there in late august and I wonder
how to find the trailhead. How can I instruct the taxi driver?
Is it near to the base station of the telecabin?
Moreover, is it advisable to bring a tent and a sleeping bag or is it provided in the shelters?
thanks in advance and greetings from Germany
Michael

nader

nader - Jun 13, 2015 11:26 am - Hasn't voted

Re: shelter

Hi, thanks for contacting me:

To find trailhead you need to go to "Koohnavardan Square" (Mountain Climbers Square) Coordinates: 35.82815 North, 51.42658 East. This square is marked on Googlemaps and Mapper.acme.com. The square sits at the north end of Darband Street (To find Darband St., Follow Valiasr and Sharitai Streets to their northern end at Tajrish Square. Darband St. goes to the north of Tajrish Square)

To make it easy, go to Tajrish Square and any taxi driver should be able to take you up to Koohnavardan Square (Just say you want to go to Darband to climb mountains).

Telecabin is a different place farther west. You can follow a path under telecabin going from 1900 m to 3730 m, then following the ridgetop east to reach the summit of Tochal. I recommend that you do not go to Telecabin. In August, you will find it hot and barren whereas Darband Trail takes you up a wooded valley near a stream. From the end of Darband St. at 1800 m, you go up to Sarchal Shelter at 2750 m. I have not been to the shelter in 30+ years. I know they have rooms you can sleep in. It will be safe to take your own tent/sleeping bag if you plan to sleep there. I do not know if they can provide sleeping bag for you or not. Be ware that on weekends (Thursday/Fridays), the area becomes extremely crowded and the shelter may even get full.

From Sarchal Shelter you will go up to Siah Sang Shelter at around 3400 m. This shelter is just one big room I think. You can then go on to the summit.

In summer you will see plenty of people. Just follow the crowds.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Tochal' main page