Tongue Mountain Range Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
hightinerary

hightinerary - Jun 25, 2018 12:19 pm Date Climbed: Jun 25, 2018

Tongue Action  Sucess!

6-25-18: I did an out-and-back hike covering Brown Mountain, Huckleberry Mountain and Five Mile Mountain.

6-26-18: I started at the Clay Meadow Trailhead and did an out-and-back hike covering Fifth Peak and French Point Mountain and all the bumps in between.

Stu Brandel

Stu Brandel - May 9, 2014 9:59 pm Date Climbed: Jul 14, 2004

Snakes on the Plank  Sucess!

My sons Nate (14) and Evan (8) and I climbed Fivemile on an overcast day and on our return route, over a long gray bridge, we were surprised by the largest, meanest rattlesnake I have ever seen. I thought it was a pile of firewood someone had left on the bridge. Nate had walked next to it before experiencing the full rattler treatment of rattle and nasty, hissing grin, and virtually teleported the rest of the way over the bridge. I carried Evan through the low bog. That bridge was closed.

Bkoziol3

Bkoziol3 - Mar 26, 2012 1:40 pm Date Climbed: Mar 23, 2012

looped it  Sucess!

Hiked the loop, well 3/4 loop. started in the north and went to Montcalm Pt. ~11.2 miles. then hiked the 5.4 miles back to clay meadow trail head. From there a thumb helped hitch a ride back up to the starting TH.. Thanks to the kind fellow from Crown Point for the lift.. it would have been a long 5 plus miles of road back! No snakes, just a lot of sunshine and gorgeous views of LG.

PaulRomano

PaulRomano - Aug 1, 2011 2:36 pm Date Climbed: Jul 9, 2011

Nice loop!  Sucess!

Did a nice counterclockwise loop starting and ending at Clay Meadow and going through First Peak, French Point, and Fifth Peak. Watch out for the rattlesnakes!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Tongue Mountain Range' main page