Martin CashWrong grade

Martin Cash

In Selected Climbs it is listed as IV - V, in 50 favorite climbs it is listed as Grade V. Almost no-one does the traverse car to car in a day. Grade III??? How the heck would you do this thing car to car in half a day???

The rest of page looks great though, thanks for your contribution.
Posted Sep 10, 2006 11:11 pm

Steve LarsonRe: Wrong grade

Steve Larson

Thanks for the input Martin. I hadn't seen those grades. I bumped it to grade IV, since I'm not 100% convinced it merits a grade V. Maybe after I climb a few more I'll have a better sense. The "Notes on Time" section addresses this issue.
Posted Sep 11, 2006 4:52 pm

MountaingirlBCawesome trip

MountaingirlBC

This is definitely on my wish list!
Posted Sep 11, 2006 12:35 am

Steve LarsonRe: awesome trip

Steve Larson

Stop wishing, plan it!
Posted Sep 11, 2006 4:53 pm

MountaingirlBCRe: awesome trip

MountaingirlBC

I am.... just gotta brush up on my mad skills so I don't die like a dumbass doing it :)
Posted Sep 11, 2006 5:46 pm

Steve LarsonRe: awesome trip

Steve Larson

"mad skills"? Q'est-ce que c'est?
Posted Sep 11, 2006 5:50 pm

MountaingirlBCRe: awesome trip

MountaingirlBC

Posted Sep 14, 2006 4:03 pm

rpcGettin' sum in North Cascades!

rpc

Excellent page Steve! Nice pic's despite the smoke.
What else did you guys hit in the neighborhood during your outing?
Posted Sep 12, 2006 12:22 am

Steve LarsonRe: Gettin' sum in North Cascades!

Steve Larson

We planned to hit the NF of Buckner, but it was out of shape, so we headed out of BB after the traverse. Rob (Yang) opted out of the traverse, and did Sahale solo, then wandered up to the south ridge of Torment, but bailed after getting up to the notch above the glacier. Doug bailed after the traverse, so Rob and I did the Beckey route on Liberty Bell the next day, then headed up to Squamish for a couple more days of cragging. Rob and Doug did Cutthroat the day before we headed up to BB for the Torment-Forbidden thing. It all just whets my appetite for more. I'm wondering, what do you know about the north gully ice climb on Index? It looks interesting in the guidebook.
Posted Sep 12, 2006 12:49 am

rickfordSno field Traverse?

rickford

Steve, Dug;

In regards to the steep snow-field that must be traversed under the ridge-proper: How steep is it? Is a second tool required? I might try this route in early June,so I'll be bringing some pickets. My partners and I have little to no 'steep' ice experience and no second tools. Is it above 45 degrees? Awesome page BTW! Looking forward to this toure, if doable!!!! Thanks in advance for any responses!!!!!
Posted May 14, 2009 10:52 am

rickfordRe: Sno field Traverse?

rickford

Okay nevermind.... It was in plain site at the link above. :-)

That does look pretty steep with some considerable exposre. How hard would it be to go around it, staying on rock?

Thanks again!