Tourist Creek Comments

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Redwic

Redwic - Aug 4, 2009 5:27 am - Voted 8/10

You need more photos...

... and then I will consider revising my vote.
You should only post a new "Route" page if you actually have photos of the route, and have done the route. Without photos, it just feels like you copied this route description out of a book (i.e. "guidebook" as you indicate).

Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - Feb 28, 2012 12:11 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: You need more photos...

I know where you are coming from Redwic however being familiar with this area helps a whole lot. The text in his description is actually spot on. This is very likely the route I will do when I climb Gannett.

Redwic

Redwic - Feb 28, 2012 2:25 pm - Voted 8/10

Re: You need more photos...

With your points noted, I changed my page-vote from a 6/10 to a 8/10 vote, with a possibility of a better vote in the future per my earlier concern.

bbolder

bbolder - Aug 11, 2013 2:58 pm - Hasn't voted

Good route

Tourist Creek is rarely done - until recently was never done - but is the easiest route up Gannett. This mountain isn't that hard; most party's fail on it because they're exhausted from backpacking in; this is especially true on the Elkhart/Titcomb approach. Due to it's shorter distance, a fit person can go in/out via Tourist in one day, leaving the monster pack behind, thus making Gannett an enjoyable and reasonable outing.

Jayess72

Jayess72 - Oct 11, 2019 8:32 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good route

You forgot to say, "...if they are an ultrarunner and don't care to scrimp on provisions." Otherwise, it isn't reasonable to infer that 34 miles and >6,000' can be done in a day.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Tourist Creek' main page