Viewing: 1-4 of 4
desainme

desainme - Sep 9, 2005 1:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

I have done the the climb the otherway via car and also Ammonoosuc Brook to Lake of the Clouds to Monroe and then back to Mt. W. I have always been most interested in climbing up Mt. Adams from the north through or around King Ravine.

kpthomson

kpthomson - Sep 13, 2005 12:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

Good report! I must inform you however, you did the traverse in the wrong season!

Do it again but in the WINTER! If your lucky like I was, a need for a snow cave will be necessay to protection from the elements!



Nevertheless, quit an accomplishment you can be proud of!

BobSmith

BobSmith - Sep 15, 2005 6:03 am - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

Nice trip report.



Reminds me of my meeting a guy from Colorado as I was climbing up Inadu Knob in the GSMNP. He was complaining that all of our peaks were so "short". As we climbed along I continued to chat with him, until I realized his voice was growing more and more faint. I stopped to look back, seeing that he could not keep up on the relentless climb toward the ridgetop. Gasping, he just stood there, trying to catch his breath.



I continued on up to the summit of the "short" peak.

shknbke

shknbke - Sep 16, 2005 12:06 am - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

I for sure did not take these peaks for granted even though I live above all of them! The switchbacks make things alot easier out West. The traverse is quite an epic hike! I am glad I experienced it despite being socked in much of the day.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Presidential Traverse' main page