Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Dean

Dean - Nov 5, 2005 8:35 am - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

I don't know how I missed this TR but I did. However, the nice thing about a lousy rainy day here in eastern washington is that I have a chance to find jewels such as this one. Great pics Martin and a great read. Congrat's on your nice climb. Since I lack the skills to do what you do, I'll probably do the sufferfest up the Cascadian to get this one.

Martin Cash

Martin Cash - Nov 5, 2005 2:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

Dean, thanks a lot for the nice comments! That was definately the best alpine climb I did this year. Stuart is a pretty big peak.



I think the Cascadian would be a nice moderate snow climb earlier in the Spring. You could also glissade the descent! It would also probably be a nice ski down. I'm just not a big fan of scree.



Cheers,

Martin

asmrz

asmrz - Nov 9, 2005 1:09 pm - Voted 10/10

Trip Report Comment

I just found the report. I have not been very active on SP lately. Great TR of a great, classic line. I liked the "ridge is not a ridge unless it's a complete ridge", what a great attitude. Thanks for the photos, in places it looks harder than the ratings. The rock quality looks awesome! I always thought that Stuart's N. Ridge was a great line to climb, your TR points out, that it should be another must do.

Martin Cash

Martin Cash - Nov 9, 2005 5:32 pm - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

Alois,



Thanks for the nice comments. The rock is excellent, probably the best truly "alpine" rock I've ever been on. It is a classic must do line, you should give it a try! Definately one I will do again, but the next time it will be the complete with the gendarme.



Martin

mvs

mvs - Jul 4, 2006 12:33 pm - Voted 10/10

thanks for TR

I stumbled across it just now, I think I read it first on cc.com. Good stuff! I love the picture of the guys on the Gendarme, I never really saw a picture of that pitch, because you can't really "see" the pitch from the belay, you have to be where you guys are.

You'll repeat it for sure, next time with Gendarme!!

Martin Cash

Martin Cash - Jul 5, 2006 4:10 am - Hasn't voted

Re: thanks for TR

Hey, thanks a lot Michael! Yep, thinking of trying the complete with Gendarme next year.

Looks like you are enjoying yourself over in Germany. Thanks for the great photos.

Martin

JoelSkok

JoelSkok - Aug 4, 2011 9:58 pm - Voted 10/10

Stunning photos, beautiful rock

Now I can finally see why my friend Randy is excited to take me there one day. Excellent TR, well documented, really gets and sustains your attention......P.S., the granite reminds me of Yosemite. Just wonderful

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Turning failure into success on Stuart's North Ridge' main page