Two Medicine Valley Lakes and Streams

Two Medicine Valley Lakes and Streams

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Water

Two Medicine Valley Lake and Streams

To visit Glacier National Park is to enter a place where Heaven touches Earth affording brief glimpses into the Wonders of Creation.


Stream BedRockwell Creek
Two Medicine LakeFlinch Peak from a trail on Two Medicine Lake

The Two Medicine Valley is full of incredible mountain vistas and incredible hanging valleys and to get to those mountains all of the trails pass by streams and lakes. For many generations people have gone there refreshing and inspiration.

The Tribes of the Blackfeet Nation believe that this valley has a strong medicine and it has been revered in their culture as a place of religious significance.

Modern visitors will soon understand the power and allure that the Two Medicine Valley held for the Blackfeet people. Perhaps here is a place where we too can connect with our Creator and get inspired by the Wonders of Creation.

Rockwell Falls is located on the Two Medicine Pass Trail which is accessed from the southern trail around Two Medicine Lake.



Welcome and enjoy these photos!

Getting There and When to Visit

The Two Medicine Valley is located in Glacier National Park, the Crown of the Continent, located in northwestern Montana and shares a border with Waterton International Peace Park in Canada.

See a map of this area at Glacier Road Map.

Driving Instructions From East Glacier, Montana: After reaching East Glacier, Montana on Highway 2 and travel 4 miles North on State Highway 49 to the Two Medicine turnoff. The end of the road at Two Medicine Lake is 9 miles from the junction.

Driving Instructions From St. Mary's, Montana: Travel south on Highway 89 to Kiowa Junction, turn right on to Highway 49 and continue 9 miles to the Two Medicine turnoff. The end of the road at Two Medicine Lake is 9 miles from the junction.

Go to road information for road conditions, road repairs and delay schedules as well as estimated opening information.

The eastside of Glacier Park is notorious for strong winds up to 100 miles per hour being clocked. Winds in East Glacier, Montana just off the continental divide have been strong enough to knock railroad cars off of bridges. Most days in the summer and fall are not that extreme.

Check out Glacier Park's What's New Page with weather, road conditions and the usual happenings at Glacier National Park.

Follow this link to see the Two Medicine Webcam.


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
hgrapid

hgrapid - Mar 29, 2008 6:54 pm - Voted 10/10

Huh?

This is good, but there is no reason for you to keep the "Add External Links text here" in the text, is there???

Why are you concerned about voting? I would vote 10/10 if not for the pointless use of "Add External Links text here."

FlatheadNative

FlatheadNative - Mar 29, 2008 7:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Huh?

Thanks but I was not finished with the page when you made your comment. If you want to vote go ahead but that is not my motivation.

DustinOlano

DustinOlano - May 13, 2009 1:47 am - Voted 10/10

sweet

two medicine does not get enough love in my opinion

Viewing: 1-3 of 3