Two Ocean Mountain Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
mtneering

mtneering - Feb 14, 2013 9:43 pm

Ski Decsent  Sucess!

BC ski trip,mountaineering, and 22 days of camping

wyopeakMike

wyopeakMike - May 5, 2011 5:46 pm

Togwotee rules

I too did not make the final summit climb and I have kicked myself since then. It was 1994 and it was one of my first Wyoming peak attampts. I hiked up in March through deep powder and I did not yet have snowshoes or skis, not really hiked, more like made a trench. I made it up to the summit area but the final gap before the actual highpoint was covered with snow and corniced, so I backed off and I still have not returned. I need to return so I can officially sign the climbers log, I am one of those dummies that has to touch the actual summit to make it count.

samh

samh - Feb 25, 2010 10:29 am Date Climbed: Feb 20, 2010

Backcountry Skiing

Didn't summit all the way but climbed and splitboarded on the tree'd shoulder closest to the road doing three laps last weekend. A winter summit would be pretty burly - especially in snowboard gear.

musicman82

musicman82 - Jul 13, 2009 5:17 pm Date Climbed: Jun 30, 2009

Great Mountain

This was a fun mountain for me in spite of the fact that I didn't quite make it to the top with Bob; this marked my first experience using an axe in the snow, glissading, and dealing with climbing on and around breccia. In the end, my slowness and inexperience on Class 4 combined with the storm screaming towards the mountain from the west prevented me from being comfortable about making the trip up the chimney to try for the top...

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Two Ocean Mountain' main page