User Profile Image

User Profile Image

zenalpinist
on Jul 4, 2006 9:05 pm
Image ID: 204882

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
hasue

hasue - Jul 14, 2006 5:49 pm - Voted 10/10

nice splitboard

how much did that splitboard cost you? Do you need special boots for that? Do you have any crampons or snowshoes for the steep stuff?

zenalpinist

zenalpinist - Jul 16, 2006 3:14 am - Hasn't voted

Re: nice splitboard

Hey thanks for the comment.
I got it used for just over $200, but I knew the people at the gear shop..it was a rental, but in good shape.

If you peruse voile's website, you'll see their whole setup. I have their Tele Bindings and AT Bindings. Both attach to the standard voile metal plate. In the winter I work with Scarpa T2's or T1's, depending on conditions. In the late spring/summer and high mountaineering work, I switch to the AT binding and wear my leather mountaineering boots (high topped Scarpa Cerro Torre's).

I do have the voile crampon attachment for the splitboard. Very helpful on the bulletproof pack. Don't need snowshoes, just use the skins. If truly steep, kick step or use crampons on boots.

Looking into getting one? Let me know where you ride at and we can hook up sometime (provided it's close to Colorado).

hasue

hasue - Jul 28, 2006 10:42 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: nice splitboard

Hey thanks for the info, I am still ambivalent about getting one. Still sounds like a lot of gear switching, I guess its inevitable if you snowboard. I am constantly switching from board to snowshoes in the flat meadows of Steamboat. Plus the shoes dont do that good on the steep stuff. I am slowly learning how to tele ski. Come to the boat and experience the champagne, I got a 30 inch powder day on March 13th!

Dan Dalton

Dan Dalton - Mar 21, 2007 6:40 pm - Voted 10/10

Your smile...

says, "this is fun" but your waist deep in the snow says to me, 'not fun!!!'. Nice pic.

Dan

Viewing: 1-4 of 4