Utah 13ers Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-3 of 3

Craig Clouatre - Aug 30, 2020 6:54 pm Date Climbed: Jul 20, 2020

Utah 13ers in single unsupported push  Sucess!

My buddy Ben Ward and I started out on July 20th climbing Tokewanna Peak from the West Fork of the Blacks Fork and hiked for approximately 58 hours with a bivy on Wilson Peak and on the ridge after South Kings Peak! We finished our adventure by heading down the Swift Creek Trail from East Timothy Lake!

utclimber - Oct 2, 2016 7:16 pm Date Climbed: Oct 3, 2010

Utah 13ers  Sucess!

I hiked up all the Utah 13ers between 2004 to 2010, all as car to car day hikes.

apachedino

apachedino - Sep 23, 2016 1:36 pm Date Climbed: Sep 19, 2016

Finished!  Sucess!

Finished the 13ers on a warm Sept day with Henries Fork Peak (via Cliff lake, then I tagged Kings again because it is there, on to Gunsight Dome and down the trail and rather than face the horrible looking scree on Gunsight peak I walked a couple miles down the basin and went up the drainage south of East gunsight peak and visited this rarely visited summit and took the gentle ridge to Gunsight peak. Down on the ridge maybe 300 yards from the summit I came across a full elk skeleton and carried his whole leg to the summit. Not sure what she was doing in this talus mess as there is no grass for miles. I took a nice scree slope down on the first feasible drainage and back to camp. Great day!

Other highlights of the 13ers:
Running Kings (6:38 RT including a jaunt to S. Kings)
West Fork Blacks Fork to Lovenia as my first backpacking trip many years ago. Running Wilson to Powell
West Fork Beaver Creek to Gilbert
East fork Blacks Fork (east drainage of this to East Lovenia, a lovely place that few see.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Utah 13ers' main page