Vaalserberg Comments

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

ANother fun page. Photos would be nice. Also, a bit more directions to the trailhead. If the trailheads are obvious from the village, then mention this...
Posted May 30, 2002 10:25 am

Johan HeersinkUntitled Comment

Johan Heersink

The information is basically right, but as I think that slight lanscape protrusions like this should not be on a site with the intentions of summitpost, I cannot help to give it a low rating.
Posted Sep 19, 2003 2:51 pm

NelsonUntitled Comment

Nelson

I have never heard of Vaalserberg before seeing it on summitpost. Now, if by good fortune I am ever near it, I will make the effort to reach its humble summit.
Posted Sep 25, 2003 9:30 pm

Rick BUntitled Comment

Rick B

Since it is the highest point of the Netherlands, it certainly deserves a page on SP! It adds to the completeness of the site.
Posted Nov 15, 2003 2:55 pm

Tim VossenbergUntitled Comment

The Vaalserberg on SP. Not only for it's completeness, but defenitly for giving information 'bout all humps in the world. But always ask yourself the question if it is worth to climp "mountains" like these.

Posted Mar 14, 2004 12:57 am

Antony WalkerUntitled Comment

Antony Walker

Tim

Give me a reason not to climb mountains like these. If you are a traveller and a lover of the earth then surely the Vaalserberg has as much right to be in there as mountains from the high Alps, Andes and Himalayas (in which I have also climbed). My experience of climbing the Vaalserberg was a lovely one - height is only one aspect to a mountains (or hills) appeal.

Antony

Posted Mar 30, 2004 1:52 pm

Tim VossenbergUntitled Comment

Much better now! Good work,

Tim
Posted Mar 30, 2004 2:13 pm

Frank MeeuwisUntitled Comment

Much better now.

Thanks, Frank
Posted Mar 19, 2004 2:03 pm

ProterraUntitled Comment

Proterra

I think humps like these do belong on SP. Remember there are peakbaggers who like to do every highpoint in the world, people who enjoy hiking but aren't up for the physically challenging stuff, and also, just for it's completeness. Another thing, when is something a "landscape portrusion" and when not? I know of hills with a lower actual summit elevation, but which require a lot of technical climbing skills to scale. (e.g. Rooster Rock, easiest route up being YDS 5.4)

Okay, after that's said, a couple of comments:

Vaalserberg is not 321, but 323 meters in elevation, according to my topo maps from the "topografische dienst" and the summit is, in contrary to popular belief, not on the "drielandenpunt", but 200 meters to the WNW of it, making the summit of the Vaalserberg being entirely in the Netherlands. (now, "summit" is extremely relative here, since the vaalserberg is not actually a mountain, but a shoulder of the Preusberg-Homesberg)

Preusberg: Germany, 341 meters

Homesberg: Belgium, 343 meters.
Posted Aug 8, 2005 11:38 am

John ClimberUntitled Comment

John Climber

Thanks for posting this unique mountain. Well done. It deserves its place in SP.
Posted Dec 12, 2005 3:16 pm

ezaAbout the discussion...

eza

I believe Vaalserberg does deserve a place in SP. At least as a piece of information for "summit-baggers" who are trying the highest spots of each country in the world. Thanks for your work, Antony.
Posted Oct 3, 2006 2:36 pm

ChristianRodriguezSounds great to visit this area

ChristianRodriguez

I have a couple of friend from this country, they know my mountainneering passion, so they told me: "You don't have nothing to do in our country cause is totally flat". After 6 years I will made a trip to meet with them, so I looking something to do there... and THANKS TO YOU, I have a word in my mind VAALSERBERG hehehe I will do the trip for sure.
Posted Oct 5, 2008 4:39 am