Vallibierna Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
damgaard

damgaard - Aug 24, 2014 12:33 pm Date Climbed: Jul 29, 2014

Cool summit(s)  Sucess!

This was sort of a "rest" peak, since weather forecast was a little uncertain with chance of rain in the afternoon.
Bus to Refugio de Corones and normal route to the summit. The wind was really strong on the Collado de Culebres, and we thought about quitting. Conditions were better in the couloir though, and on the summit it wasn't bad, so I could "ride" across and back again. Aneto covered in clouds, but towards south views were great.

efrainlarrea - Dec 29, 2011 10:55 am Date Climbed: Dec 7, 2006

Hivernal  Sucess!

Ruta fins al primer cim sense creuar el pas del Cavall

efrainlarrea - Dec 29, 2011 10:54 am Date Climbed: Jun 26, 2000

Ruta dels estanys  Sucess!

Ruta circular pujant pels estanys i tornada per la vall d'Angliós. Creuant el pas del Cavall

Andy_Hornung

Andy_Hornung - Jul 13, 2010 8:19 am Date Climbed: Jun 29, 2010

Route Climbed - Llauset - Ibonnes Chelauses  Sucess!

Having climbed Posets the previous day this was meant to be something of a rest day! Lots of snow still on the upper slopes above the Ibonnes. Great day out with superb views from the summit.

FrançoisJ

FrançoisJ - Jun 24, 2008 1:26 pm Date Climbed: Jul 27, 2006

Route climbed : traverse from Llauset  Sucess!

Sabrina and I enjoyed scenery and Paso del Caballo!

kabernicola

kabernicola - Jun 12, 2008 3:52 am

culebras-vallibierna traverse  Sucess!

we climbed up to the culebras by llauset col and then we did the horseride ridge to vallibierna. I did it standing over the ridge!...it was fun though!...We descend to the valley by the other side....

igneouscarl

igneouscarl - Jul 18, 2007 4:28 am Date Climbed: Jul 11, 2007

East face over the two summits and down to the Coronas refugio  Sucess!

Trekked up by myself day after Aneto while friends slept (hibernated). Brilliant views offered by this peak of the Aneto massif. The col between the two peaks is interesting, I wondered how to cross for a while and chose to traverse the north side of the slab using the col as a hand rail and smearing once a small ledge ran out.

Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - Jun 27, 2005 11:37 am

Route Climbed: Dam Llauset-IbChelaus-Ballibierna-Culebres-Col Llauset Date Climbed: 25th june 2005  Sucess!

Interesting mountain in a great place. Some of fog in Maladeta Massif but nice summit with the dangerous Paso del Caballo to T.Culebres.

The route of dam of Llauset is shortest, probably one of the normal routes more short to one 3000m of Pyrenees, but the lakes are beautifulls!

I'll write the route this week with more pictures of this peak!

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Vallibierna' main page