Verpeilspitze Comments

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Jan 14, 2009 3:21 pm - Voted 10/10

Very good page!

Good description, the route and very illustrative pictures! Thanks for contributing!

And one advice: Do remove pictures, which are posted on the page two times. There's enough of pictures and they are high quality. No need to repeat.

Cheers!
Vid

Lodewijk

Lodewijk - Feb 20, 2009 11:00 am - Voted 10/10

Thanks

Thanks for adding this great page! I was always impressed by the Watze and Verpeilspitze, great to see a page of it now here on SP. I also added a pic of Verpeilspitze taken from the westside.
Greets, Lodewijk

selinunte01

selinunte01 - Feb 20, 2009 3:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks

Thank you for the comment and the attached image. There is still missing Schwabenkopf and Rofelewand - in my summit list and on SP. May be one of us is doing it ??? :-)

Lodewijk

Lodewijk - Feb 23, 2009 5:29 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Thanks

Yes indeed, they sure need to be on SP. I haven't climbed iether one of them nor do i have any pictures of info!
So i am afraid i cannot make the page. Maybe you know more?? ;-)

ForcanReg - Aug 14, 2009 6:04 pm - Hasn't voted

Good info

A good page with excellent info and photos. Just a few comments about the route description - (1) it's worth pointing out that you don't actually need to go over the top of Mainzer Kopf, but follow the cairned route round its east side. May save someone some unnecessary effort! (2) a bit confused after reaching the summit block - when you say 'traversing southeast rockface' I think you mean the southWEST face? - also, the route seemed to finish on the south ridge rather than the west ridge. Anyway, it's easy enough to find the way with plenty of scratch marks and abseil bolts to follow. I think this mountain would be a very different proposition in snow and ice conditions!

selinunte01

selinunte01 - Aug 17, 2009 6:44 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good info

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, some mean wicked people must have rotated that mountain .............. no, you´re absolutely right, it is the southwest face and the west ridge and I will edit this part.
The Mainzer Kopf "bypass" might have been under snowcover the day I summited Verpeilspitze. But I think there are several possibilities to get to the beginning of the rock part of the ascent. I shall change that bit, too.

Thanks for your comments! Michael

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Verpeilspitze' main page