Wank Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
chris.mueller

chris.mueller - Jul 28, 2020 1:49 pm Date Climbed: Jul 28, 2020

Family hike

Nice family hike in hot weather

chris.mueller

chris.mueller - Jul 20, 2020 7:41 am Date Climbed: Jul 20, 2020

Wank trailrun  Sucess!

Nice view, up over Eckenhütte, down via Esterbergalm.

ncst

ncst - Jun 20, 2011 6:36 am Date Climbed: Jun 17, 2011

GAP-Gamshütte-Wankhaus  Sucess!

I arrived in GAP by train at 6 pm. Walked from the train station into the Ludwigstrasse via the Gamshütte to the Wankhaus where I spent the night (3h). Didn't see any other hikers there (weather forecast predicted rain for the evening). Some clouds but still great views of the Wetterstein mountains.

rgg

rgg - Mar 15, 2011 11:35 am Date Climbed: Sep 12, 2007

Late  Sucess!

It was late in the day when I arrived at the summit and the sun was already setting. I hadn't called ahead and hoped that the refuge would be open. I saw signs of habitation, but the door was locked. Fortunately, the warden appeared not much later, otherwise I would have to go down again and spend the night in the valley.

Big Benn

Big Benn - Apr 1, 2010 4:30 am

Walked it twice  Sucess!

Walked it in summer 2006 and winter 2006/7. Lovely walks up, superb views in just about every direction from the broad and almost "flat topped" summit area.

Lukas Kunze

Lukas Kunze - Mar 31, 2010 10:54 am

Always an option  Sucess!

Visited Wank several times and I' m still coming back over and over again. Nice option for early spring when there is too much snow to go up high and not enough snow to use the skies...

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Wank' main page