Wank Comments

kamil'Wank can be an option to get out and up just for the fun of it.'

kamil

...this sentence hits the spot! Almost fell off my chair laughing :)))
Great description of a nice mountain!
cheers,
kamil
Posted Mar 31, 2010 8:07 am

selinunte01Re: 'Wank can be an option to get out and up just for the fun of it.'

selinunte01

:-))))))))))))))))
Posted Apr 1, 2010 2:48 am

BoydieRe: 'Wank can be an option to get out and up just for the fun of it.'

Boydie

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Can I ask. If it is possible to rise late for the challenge of Wank and finish it off quickly, is this mountain for the guy who doesn't like to beat around the bush???
Posted Apr 1, 2010 4:53 pm

selinunte01

Just try it and - maybe - you will be surprised ........ ;-)
Posted Apr 10, 2010 2:13 pm

NanulsHope this gets on the front page

Nanuls

Funniest mountain name ever. Also a very nice page, thanks for posting.
Posted Mar 31, 2010 8:23 am

selinunte01Re: Hope this gets on the front page

selinunte01

Thank you. We have a lot of very funny mountain names; there is e.g. the "vomiting mountain" in Karwendel range; but Wank surely will have a top rank.
Cheers, Michael
Posted Apr 1, 2010 2:50 am

Big BennRe: Hope this gets on the front page

Big Benn

I used to stay at Farchant Dan, a lovely village near Garmisch-Partenkirchen. The town that the Wank towers over from one direction. And got used to the local buses leaving Farchant with the single word of their destination, "WANK" illuminated in very large letters above the drivers cab. The bottom station of the cable car to the top of the Wank mountain having a bus inter change area.

And I think it is a great page a well.
Posted Apr 1, 2010 9:26 am

EricChuThanks for this page!

EricChu

It's nice to see another piece of Oberbayern on SummitPost!
Cheers,
Eric
Posted Mar 31, 2010 9:34 am

selinunte01Re: Thanks for this page!

selinunte01

Thank you Eric. Michael
Posted Apr 1, 2010 2:51 am

Lukas KunzeFinally...

Lukas Kunze

... Wank made its way to summitpost. Thought about posting it myself but didn' t have enough photos. Nice page :) Cheers Lukas
Posted Mar 31, 2010 10:52 am

selinunte01Re: Finally...

selinunte01

I had to scan through my photos and as you can see I had to add some pics of other SP users to complete the page. Thanks for the vote and your comment.
Posted Apr 1, 2010 2:53 am

Lukas KunzeRe: Finally...

Lukas Kunze

I' ve found a webcam which can be directed towards Wank:
Posted Apr 2, 2010 2:29 am

selinunte01Re: Finally...

selinunte01

The best one is the webcam on the official Zugspitze page but I´m sure you know this one.
Posted Apr 10, 2010 2:10 pm

rpcI would a very much

rpc

like to summit this Wank to (officially) join the Wankers club.
Posted Mar 31, 2010 11:34 am

selinunte01Re: I would a very much

selinunte01

Feel free to do so, Wank does not walk away ;-)
Posted Apr 10, 2010 2:11 pm

BaarbTrivia

Baarb

There's also a Cerro Wank in the Central Sierras of Argentina at 1715 m likely named by the Germans that moved to the area after their boat sank off the coast during WWII. (http://www.travelblog.org/South-America/Argentina/Cordoba/Villa-General-Belgrano/blog-413364.html)
Posted Mar 31, 2010 10:10 pm

selinunte01Re: Trivia

selinunte01

Ts, ts, those Germans, spreading strange names all around the world - interesting piece of information, though.
Posted Apr 1, 2010 2:58 am

selinunte01Re: You officially now....

selinunte01

Well, thats how masters are made ;-)
Posted Apr 10, 2010 2:07 pm

vancouver islanderFine page

vancouver islander

And kudos braving the potential sniggers of us native English speakers.

I wonder if there's a Mt Onanismus somewhere in our sphere that we could counter with? Possible seeds of real competition between our language groups there.

By the way there's a suburb of Bern called Wankdorf. I used to think it was called that because they didn't get TV and had found an alternate way of passing their evenings. Thanks to you, I now know it's because it's built on the side of a hill.

Cheers, Martin
Posted Apr 5, 2010 10:51 pm

selinunte01Re: Fine page

selinunte01

I was prepared for "sniggers" ;-)
And as far as Wankdorf is concerned: if you think about how bad the TV program tends to be ............
Cheers, Michael