Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - Apr 19, 2011 8:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice

Well, at least you made it all the way out. I ended up actually doing my so called emergency exit route. How did you guys get down the steep chute into the first real pothole? We looked for a sling to rappel from but when we couldn't find one we figured it was the first keeper pothole and we ascended up to the left. We even climbed onto the ledge on the right side of the pothole where there was a little elevated flat area but couldn't find a way down or a place to set an anchor.

Scott

Scott - Apr 20, 2011 8:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice

How did you guys get down the steep chute into the first real pothole?

We downclimbed and upclimbed it (three times in fact!). The first time we looked at it from the ledge on the right side and retreated to look for the exit.

Them after the "false bypass" we climbed down and into the pothole without packs to check everything out. Then it was back out to get the packs and back down again.

Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - Apr 20, 2011 11:28 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Nice

Guess it would have been easier than I thought. I just saw deep crack and didn't think of the possibility of climbing down it.
May need to buff up on my canyoneering skills!

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Weekend Quandary-Photo Trip Report' main page