West Marin fire road

West Marin fire road

On the west side of Whites Hill
Noondueler
on Jun 5, 2010 2:25 am
Image ID: 626781

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
silversummit

silversummit - Jun 6, 2010 4:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Really like this scene!

I think is quite peaceful yet also has the element of a storm coming!

How do you like your Canon XSi?

Noondueler

Noondueler - Jun 7, 2010 2:29 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Really like this scene!

Hi Kathy! Thanks.
I've been using Panasonic Lumix point and shoots for 5 years and just got the Canon recently. I'm far from a professional photographer and have a lot to learn with a real digital SLR. From what I can tell so far the color is richer and warmer and the overall realism is captured better with the Canon but I seemed to get better overall depth of field sharpness with the Lumix. I need to learn how to get that with the Canon. I also got the Tamron 18-270 zoom for it which is pretty cool. The whole thing is heavier but I don't mind yet. I haven't been up to the Sierra on any steep talus slopes yet this season. We'll see how it goes when I get up there hopefully in a few weeks.
What camera do you have and how do you like it?

silversummit

silversummit - Jun 7, 2010 5:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Really like this scene!

I also have an XSi and started using it last summer. I really like it, especially for my mountain scenes. All my Rainier, Mt. St. Helens and Olympic NP shots were taken with this camera.

So far I've used my 55 - 250 the most.

Noondueler

Noondueler - Jun 8, 2010 9:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Really like this scene!

Hi Kathy. I was wondering how you find out the camera type and stats on a photo like you did with my Canon XSi. I tried to click on image data but nothing gives. How do you do that?
Cheers, Windsor.

silversummit

silversummit - Jun 8, 2010 11:29 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Really like this scene!

Hi Windsor!

There are a couple of different ways. One is easy and one is a pain!

Easy way: I use Firefox as my browser and then I have the add on called "FxIF". Right-clicking on the pic gives a new pop-up window. It doesn't always tell me the info especially if the photo has been processed or protected in some way or another you can't get any info.

The hard way is to "Save As" the photo to a folder in your Pictures folder and then use an application such as Opanda Exif Viewer which does the same thing. Again, info may or may not be visible.

Regardless, you can learn from seeing what camera/lenses are used.

Hope this helps!
Kathy

Viewing: 1-5 of 5