Willis Creek Comments

Fred SpickerCanyon

Fred Spicker

Shouldn't this be under Canyons rather than Mountains & Rocks?
Posted Jan 1, 2008 8:09 am

tanyaRe: Canyon

tanya

Saw how to change it! Thanks. Sometimes I am brain dead. ;p
Posted Jan 1, 2008 9:31 am

DeanNot a mountain

I agree with Fred, this needs to be put in the Canyon section. You have some great pics here and this will make a nice addition to the Canyons.
Posted Jan 1, 2008 8:46 am

tanyaRe: Not a mountain

tanya

Oh yeah.. you guys are right. I went to the Grand Staircase page and there was only this option or the option to add a trail report so of the 2 I chose this. I think I know how to change it though. I guess I should have just gone to my profile to make it instead of to the area page. Thanks guys! :)

Add Mountain/Rock
Create New
Attach Existing
Add Image
Create New
Attach Existing
Add Trip Report
Create New
Attach Existing
Add Album

But I see if I looked under that-- there is a canyon option to click on.

I am still working on this and proofreading, but its time to go hiking today! :)
Posted Jan 1, 2008 9:29 am

DeanRe: Not a mountain

Nicely done. You've got my ten. Happy New Year and have good hiking today. It is beautiful up here in the Wasatch country.
Posted Jan 1, 2008 11:51 am

tanyaRe: Not a mountain

tanya

Thank you Dean! I always wanted to be a 10 ;)

It's BITTER COLD here... but beautiful! Happy New Years!
Posted Jan 1, 2008 6:49 pm

ScottGood page

Scott

I can't wait to get back to Utah. We're freezing our butts off up here!

Nice photos of a beautiful place. I hope to do the Bull Valley/Willis loop with my son sometime this Spring.
Posted Jan 1, 2008 7:41 pm

tanyaRe: Good page

tanya

Thanks :)

You will both enjoy that one. It's one of my favorite hikes! It was so cold in Zion today Scott! I would have given anything for a ski mask. I tied a bandana around my mouth and nose since it was the only part of me not well covered.. that cold never let up all day either!
Posted Jan 2, 2008 12:01 am

ScottRe: Good page

Scott

It was so cold in Zion today Scott!

We've been in the -20's and -30's lately, so I'll take anything above 0! -20 again this morning, but still warmer than the last few nights. Yesterday got up to +16 and it felt really warm.

Anyway, I'm headed to Utah in a few weeks for some canyons.
Posted Jan 2, 2008 2:26 pm

Augie MedinaAnother Beaut!

Augie Medina

All the best for 2008.

Augie
Posted Jan 2, 2008 3:22 pm

tanyaRe: Another Beaut!

tanya

~*~smile~*~

You too Augie! :)
Posted Jan 2, 2008 6:47 pm

TracyAnother great canyon page!

Tracy

You are on a roll! I checked this area out for the first time in the late 80's. Still haven't done the loop hike. Planned it a couple of times but circumstances didn't cooperate. In Mike Kelsey's guide book, he mentions the old pickup wedged between the canyon walls and in a later edition he mentions a reader, "who's name has escaped me;" and, how that reader put a tape to it and provided information on how far that truck is below the road/dirt bridge and how high the truck is above the canyon floor. I forget the numerical info I provided, but I'm that un-named reader. I first saw a picture of that pickup wedged between the canyon walls in a restaurant in Orem, Utah. It was titled, "Bull Valley Gorge." Research at the BYU map library led me to where to find it. Thanks for these great submissions!
Posted Jan 5, 2008 2:36 am

tanyaRe: Another great canyon page!

tanya

Hi Tracy! Thanks for the info! It's always interesting to know where original information comes from. Here is my photo of the truck, but it's not a good enough shot to post on sp. It might get creamed. ;p

Bull Valley Gorge - Truck Photo