Viewing: 1-3 of 3
runbyu1

runbyu1 - Nov 11, 2010 3:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Where's Dharma?

What happened to the original Dharma Peak page? It had some pretty helpful route info and pics on it...

ridgeguy

ridgeguy - Nov 12, 2010 2:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Where's Dharma?

I know. From what I was told, the guy who called it Dharma left summitpost and all his mountain pages went with him. At the time, I don't think he realized he could have given his pages to others.

oversoul

oversoul - Aug 6, 2012 2:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Dharma Peak

I just tried to hike Dharma from Willow Canyon. It was the worst bushwhack I have ever had to endure, even with the burn of the recent Quail fire. After five hours of getting scratched to Hell and covered in ash we found out it cliffs out at the top with no way around unless you have ropes and equipment, which of course I didn't. I have been up from Preston Canyon as well and that is a FAR better route to get to Dharma and you can also see the Devil's Eye on the way up. The route from Preston actually has a trail to follow (well, until the washes converge) unlike Willow Canyon which is just pushing through thick vegetation. If you ever want to climb this peak trust me, do not go up Willow Canyon. Even with mountaineering skills it's a harder and longer hike. GO PRESTON.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Willow Canyon Peak (Dharma Peak)' main page