Viewing: 1-16 of 16
jfrishmanIII

jfrishmanIII - May 6, 2006 8:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Thanks!

I've really been looking forward to an Area/Range page for the Winds, and what you've got so far is great. Your Time and effort are appreciated!

brutus of wyde

brutus of wyde - May 10, 2006 11:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Coming along!

I've been watching this page. Developing nicely. Thanks for the good work!

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Jul 14, 2006 5:29 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent ! !

Good writing, good links, nice photos--terrific job! Thanks for taking the time!

Alpinist

Alpinist - Aug 14, 2006 4:27 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice page!

The Winds are well-deserved of having a page unto their own. They are filled with incredible scenary, fantastic climbing, and quite possibly the wildest country in the lower 48 states.

SP really needs more trailheads added for the Winds though. Any trailhead beta that you have would be filling a huge void.

mountainmatt

mountainmatt - Aug 3, 2008 1:40 am - Hasn't voted

Great Review

You have done an excellent job in creating the Wind River page here at SP. Very well informed and detailed. Many thanks.

colint

colint - Nov 1, 2008 8:03 pm - Hasn't voted

!!!

excellent page! I am sure to spend much more time looking at it before spending a few weeks in the Wind Rivers next summer.

midwestcoast

midwestcoast - Nov 9, 2012 5:31 pm - Hasn't voted

wikipedia

I've been working on adding information about the Winds to the Wikipedia article, a lot of the information on here would make a good addition to the more general page on Wikipedia. You can contact me if anybody would be interested in working on this.

Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - May 10, 2014 1:38 am - Hasn't voted

Page Updated

I adopted this page from previous owner "Jimmyjay" and have just finished re-working it. I would like to give credit to Jimmy for a decent portion of the original text. I hope this page now greatly surpasses current SP standards and if anyone has anything they wish to add/correct don't hesitate to let me know!

Bill Reed

Bill Reed - May 10, 2014 10:46 am - Voted 10/10

Nice work!!

Thanks for doing the upgrade.

Senad Rizvanovic

Senad Rizvanovic - May 11, 2014 12:45 pm - Voted 10/10

...

Matt,you did some great work on this page!

Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - May 11, 2014 3:38 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: ...

Thanks! Can't wait to go back too

jacobsmith

jacobsmith - May 12, 2014 3:33 pm - Voted 10/10

Great page

might just be my browser but the page seems too wide, like maybe the images need to be scaled down. I fight with that on my pages all the time, seems like a programing flaw that they don't automatically scale like the text does.

Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - May 12, 2014 3:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great page

What is the resolution of your computer screen? If it's smaller than 900 (height) X 1600 (width) it will force you to scroll left and right. I can make the three photos in a row near the top of the page smaller to make it fit if needed.

scramblingbadger

scramblingbadger - Jun 2, 2014 11:56 am - Voted 10/10

An excellent resource

Thanks for all your hard work on this! The great photos inspire me to cross the border and visit there again!

Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - Jun 2, 2014 11:57 am - Hasn't voted

Re: An excellent resource

It's an excellent area to explore! And thank you for the nice words :)

UteDiver - Feb 13, 2015 7:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Utediver

I developed a map of the trails within the Wind River range using Google Earth (kmz data). It's not a substitute for a good topo and a GPS but it's a good tool for planning a hike because the user can see a current image of the terrain along the trail. If you might like to post it to your website, please send your email info to mike8037@comcast.net so I can forward the data to you.

Viewing: 1-16 of 16
Return to 'Wind River Range' main page