Winding Light Adventures

Winding Light Adventures

Page Type Page Type: Article
Activities Activities: Hiking

External Links

http://windinglightadventures.blogspot.com/

Winding Light Adventures

My name is Joe Whittle. I am a 34 year old single father, freelance photographer, and "everyman adventurer". I live in the remote Wallowa Valley of Northeastern Oregon spending time in the wilderness, taking pictures that make me happy, and raising my wonderful 13 year old daughter Mia.

Here's what I mean when I say I am an "everyman adventurer", and why I created this blog. First and foremost this is an outlet for my passion. Since my first wilderness survival experience at 6 years old (details in the blog), I have been deeply in love with the great outdoors and the beauty of the wild. I would consider myself a moderately skilled adventure enthusiast. But you won't find me summitting Everest or sailing around the world any time soon. However you will find me enjoying adventures and activities that any of us with a little bit of motivation and inspiration can do. Things like basic rock climbing, trail running, backpacking, mountain climbing, learning wilderness survival skills, snowboarding, snow shoeing, snow camping, rafting, canoeing, fishing, biking, (hopefully one day soon tandem sky diving), and just good old fashioned exploration of America's backroads and trails.

I hope to show people that adventure travel can be for everyone, not just extreme explorers and highly skilled athletes in far off places! Follow me on a personal journey as I explore the adventures found right here in my backyard. Let me share with you the inspiration I feel connecting to the wildness and beauty of America. I want to promote appreciation and preservation of America's wildlands, and encourage people to go out and find the adventures hiding in their own backyards. Not only is this activity an affordable and healthy alternative to the standard vacation, but it helps the rural communities that are so closely tied to America's heartland. Most Americans are no more than a half day drive from a nature preserve or parkland. Why not hop in the car some weekend and check it out for yourself? I hope by sharing my experiences in the outdoors I can inspire others to go out and create their own memories to take home and warm their hearts with visions of beauty and adventure! If I can find these great adventures to carry with me the rest of my life right in my own backyard, then you can too! So get out there America and enjoy the greatest bounty this Country has to offer, our beautiful land and the people in it!

Go check it out!

www.windinglightadventures.blogspot.com


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
rpc

rpc - Nov 25, 2009 2:13 pm - Voted 10/10

beautiful country

up there. So any chance you might post a write up of your rock climbs in the wallowas here on SP? you mention it being printed in a local visitors' brochure.

JoeWhittle

JoeWhittle - Dec 22, 2009 2:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: beautiful country

well there are a couple well used sites i talked about in the article and i could publish something like that, perhaps i'll do that. most of the good spots are hidden backcountry sites that i would hate to see get overwhelmed with climbing traffic, so how about if you are ever going to be in the area drop me a note and i will point you in the right direction?

rpc

rpc - Dec 22, 2009 3:37 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: beautiful country

fair enough (I see your point) & thanks for the offer!

Viewing: 1-3 of 3