Viewing: 1-4 of 4

Zzyzx - Sep 13, 2005 2:58 am - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

What a trip ! Thanks for posting this report Alexi. I guess now you know why there aren't too many of those ;)

I also attempted that route a couple years ago in December. There wasn't much snow (drove all the way to the trailhead), but we didn't summit. After 1.5 day of bushwacking we got to see Williamson from ca. 10K. We'd still need one more day to summit (we tried to do it in 2 days). It's a tough approach and you did a good job IMO. 6 days - wow! The pics are cool too, especially the one of the snow cave construction :)

subinf

subinf - Sep 13, 2005 9:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Trip Report Comment

Should have come to Hawaii. Maybe next time.

lad

lad - Sep 14, 2005 6:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

I enjoyed reading your trip report. We tried George Creek in the mid seventies - ambitiously with tele skis. We didn't summit - although, the skis and skins worked pretty well for us. What was the prognosis on your partner - was he suffering from de-hydration and was bonked?



cheers...

akullar

akullar - Sep 17, 2005 2:32 pm - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

I think he was a litle dehydrated. We really weren't drinking as much water as we should have been because melting the snow took so long. Kurt also must have been exhausted, and understandably so. On the day that we tried to summit, he cut the track for probably about 2/3 of the way up. That was some serious work.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Winter Attempt at Williamson via George Creek' main page