Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 47.47674°N / 121.96773°W
Additional Information County: King
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 2030 ft / 619 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Stunning Rainier beauty
Stunning Rainier beauty

Aww... Tiger Mountain State Forest. Home to overcrowded trails, clearcuts and roadwalks. Well here is another roadwalk to add to your list. All sarcasism aside this little sub peak has clearly some of the best views in Tiger Mountain State Forest. Yes it only has 170 feet of prominence so it isn't "officially" a summit. Neither is Mailbox for the record either. I am suspecting they call it Wright's Reach because that was the limit of the logging company on the mountain. Well they cut out a great viewpoint for the next 20 years so capitalize on it while you can. Honestly this is a good way to spend two hours of your day without using a lot of gas from Seattle. It is actually well worthwhile especially in snow.

Group summit shot
Group summit shot

 

ne can easily combine Wright's Reach with Middle Tiger Mountain and East Tiger Mountain and even Sally's Summit to make a four summit 14 mile loop. Wirght's Reach itself is only a 6 mile 1000 foot gain roadwalk. It is best done as a rare snowshoe in winter. 

East Tiger Views
East Tiger Views

Getting There

VIA THE TIGER SUMMIT TRAILHEAD: From I-90 get off on Exit 25. That will be Highway 18 where you will want to head south for 4.3 miles. At the height land you will want to make a right and head into the the Tiger Summit parking lot. The roadwalk will start ther. 

Route

Wright's Reach Map
Wright's Reach Map

Head on the road off to the west of the trailhead for 2 miles. On the first major road to the right make a right. Stay on that road and follow it all the way to the summit area of Wright's Reach where excellent views can be found. 

Red Tape

Discover Pass is required

When to Climb

Cant get enough of Rainier
Cant get enough of Rainier

You can go up at any time though a rare winter day when there is snow on the ground is by far the best time to visit Wright's Rach

Camping

Camping is prohibited in the State Forest.

External Links

Wright's Reach Peakbagger Page