Wyoming 13ers Comments

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
SarahThompson

SarahThompson - Oct 15, 2009 4:54 pm - Voted 10/10

Good idea

Thanks for starting this page. I've recently become intrigued with Wyoming's 13ers. Glad you could get some use out of a few of my photos. I'll add more in the future and hope to a add a page for Turret Peak and possibly a few others in that area.

Have you climbed many of these peaks? Just curious because good beta seems hard to come by for many of them.

musicman82

musicman82 - Oct 15, 2009 5:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good idea

Thanks! There are definitely some cool mountains on this list. Your pictures were definitely a help - let me know when you add anything else that might fit or make the Turret Peak page, and I'll add them to this page right away.

I just got into the northern Winds this summer for the first time, so I haven't climbed any of these peaks except for Cloud Peak in the Big Horns. I know that jimmyjay has a ton of beta on lots of these mountains, but he's not very active on SP much anymore. Tom Turiano might be your best bet, as he's really helpful with information and knows the area well - email him through his site (http://www.selectpeaks.com/).

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Oct 15, 2009 7:45 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Good idea

Sarah,

You've got to have a huge body of knowledge to share with this community. I look forward to the day that you start posting your beta to this site. You'll probably blow us all away!

Cheers, and climb safely.

Sarah

musicman82

musicman82 - Oct 15, 2009 7:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good idea

Agreed!

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Oct 15, 2009 7:42 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks

For giving us all one more area/idea to obsess over.

(How many more years 'til I can retire and just summit peaks full time???)

Cheers,

Sarah

musicman82

musicman82 - Oct 15, 2009 7:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks

You're welcome! There's only 35 peaks - somebody's got to climb them all someday!

I doubt I'll ever be able to retire, but I get summers completely off - no complaints there :)

Tim

redsplashman23

redsplashman23 - Oct 28, 2009 10:06 pm - Voted 10/10

Great Job

Great Job again Tim. Thanks again for your guidance, it helped me again with the California P2K page. Keep the lists coming!

musicman82

musicman82 - Oct 29, 2009 1:57 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Job

Thank you! I have a few more lists planned soon...
Great work on the CA page - that's a big list!

Tim

Rockymntskier

Rockymntskier - May 31, 2015 9:51 pm - Voted 10/10

Excelllent Job!

Excellent job, Tim! Amazing that no one has completed all 35 peaks. As you mentioned, many of these summits are remote and challenging technical climbs, so that probably keeps away a lot of climbers. Here in Colorado, the only thing people seem to be interested in climbing are the 14ers, the majority of which are not challenging technical climbs.

I have a very special place in my heart for Wyoming's Wind River Range. When I made 5 separate week long-plus backpacking trips when I was in my teens and early twenties back in the '70s and early '80s. Absolutely beautiful country! When I was 14, the group I was with attempted to summit Wind River Peak, but we only got as far as Chimney Rock and had to turn around due to lightning.

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Wyoming 13ers' main page