Page Type Page Type: Custom Object
Location Lat/Lon: 45.24945°N / 13.96379°E
Additional Information Object Type: Climbing crag

Overview

Zarečki krov (Zarečje's roof) is beautiful waterfall on Pazinčica river near Pazin town in central Istria peninsula. This is one of the most attractive waterfalls in Istria. The waterfall is falling down from a 10 meter high cliff into a small lake, which is the largest one on the Pazinčica river. The depth of the lake is around 10 meters.

Zarečki krov waterfallWaterfall

Inside a caveInside the cave

Zarečki krov waterfallZarečki krov waterfall























Below Zarečki krov waterfall is interesting half-cave, which is dry during summer season and suitable for exploring. The cave can also provide a kind of natural temporary shelter.

Today this it is a favorite spot for swimming, diving, hiking, fishing, water polo, picnics and sport climbing.

Getting There

From Rijeka or Trieste:

Leave the motorway on Pazin - istok (east) exit and drive towards the town. There are two right turnings on a straight, flat part of the road after passing under the railway bridge. Both of them lead to Zarečki krov waterfall and climbing place.

From Pula:

Go round Pazin by the new detour (towards Rijeka) and leave it on the next exit (Pazin - east).Drive towards the town. There are two right turnings on a straight, flat part of the road after passing under the railway bridge. Both of them lead to Zarečki krov waterfall and climbing place.

From Poreč:

Go through the center of Pazin following the directions for the tunnel of Učka till you exit the town. After the Kras bridge, there is a downward slope and then the flat, straight part with two left turnings aside. Both of them lead to Zarečki krov.

Rock Climbing

The free climbing association Hyperactive from Pazin, together with the Tourist office Pazin, has equipped this small, but very attractive climbing area with 20 routes of a good quality each. The climbing area itself has 4 sectors - Stijena 1, Stijena 2, Barijera and Kataklizma.

STIJENA 1
Rock climbing at Zarečki krovClimber on Erectus route

No.Route nameGradeLenght
01.Infection Groove8a12m
02.Oćo8b14m
03.Nerve7b+8m
04.Breakdown7c10m
05.Vasiona7b+15m
06.Produžena Vasiona7c+25m
07.(projekt)-31m
08.Easy Ride8a+16m
09.Sakrabojski7c16m
10.Erectus7b15m
11.Buhalero6c8m
12.Pet Punti6c+8m
13.Dog Cemetery7c+8m


STIJENA 2

No.Route nameGradeLenght
01.Tu i Sad6c+6m
02.4 godine čekanja7b6m
03.Sabotage6c+6m


BARIJERA
Climbing sector - BarijeraBarijera sector and its routes

No.Route nameGradeLenght
01.Barijera6c8m
02.Čanjac7a10m
03.Kane Šteta7a15m


KATAKLIZMA

No.Route nameGradeLenght
01.Kataklizma7c6m


The distance between Zarečki krov and the town is about 2 km (10 min), and it takes about the same time to get to Lido, another climbing place you can reach by going downstream.

Pazin Town

Pazin is a town of long and rich tradition. It is situated in the very centre of Istrian peninsula, only 30 km away from well-known tourist centres. The intensity of life here is pretty much the same in winter and summer.

Pazin was made the administrative center of the Istria county, because it is located in the geographical center of the county and in order to boost the development of the interior of the peninsula.

Red Tape

In winter months, through the ceiling of Zarečki krov half-cave runs a quite substantial waterfall,
and the base may be flooded or muddy.

Weather Conditions

Information on weather conditions in the area can be found on
Croatian State Hydrometeorological Institute site:

Weather forecast for Pazin