Zugspitze/Alpspitze, Jubilaeumsgrat 2007 December

Zugspitze/Alpspitze, Jubilaeumsgrat 2007 December

Page Type Page Type: Album

Add Heading here

Day 1: Drive from Hungary to Garmisch, walk in the city. Bivi at the lift station in a very cold night with temperatures below -10, it was not that confortable sleep as I can remember...

Day 2: By the first lift to the top of Zugspitze, after some logistics and food started The Challange. According the snow conditions minimum 15 hours needed to reach at night hours the bivi hut at the half of the ridge.

Day 3: Continued on the ridge, crossed to the Alpsitze, summited in the middle of the night, descent by the via ferrata route (most places covered by snow)to the upper lift station, night skiing down to Garmisch on the ski cours, some miles walk to the centre to catch a bus. It was already time of the morning traffic... We didn't sleep any that night. Very freezing feeling until the heating of the car made us some better.

We are proud to have done this route.

Daniel, Domonkos and myself

Special thanks to Dani who was the leader most on the way!

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
P. Vis

P. Vis - Nov 7, 2008 1:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Different

Very beautifull !
Pretty different then when i did it in the same year in the summer.
It probably took you longer than my 6 hours in these conditions.

kiss istvan

kiss istvan - Nov 8, 2008 2:38 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Different

It took for us two days+nights (short sleep in the bivy hut) from the summit of Zugspitze to Garmisch. Alpspitze was also included, than the Alpspitzferrata and we did the last section by skiing on the ski course by night to the city. It is really a great tour I can recommend to all but only under stabil conditions.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2