100 km of fortification

100 km of fortification

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Informational

Discover history, explore nature and keep fit!

A well-marked cycling track and popular with bikers all over the world - this is the so-called “100 km dei Forti”, literally “100 km of fortifications”. This unique cycling track takes you across varied landscapes, pastures and saddles, meadows and woods, mainly winding on non-asphalted paths. The track stretches up hill and down hill along the former road network of World War 1. Cycle past mighty castles and ruins such as Forte Belvedere or Forte Busa, which are by the way definitely worth visiting. Here you can imagine all the efforts the soldiers had to made on their long way throughout the Trentino region.

The cycling track “100 km dei Forti” is divided in three parts, each of which might also be used a separate tour: 52.5 km on the plateau of Folgaria (which leads to Passo Somma), 23.95 km on the plateau of Lavarone (across Parco Palù) and 26.48 km in the surroundings of Luserna.

Moreover, there are numerous bike races hold along this cycling track, such as the “100 km dei Forti”, “1000 Grobbe bike”, “Gran Bike” or the “Folgaria Megabike”.

website: 100 km dei Forti


100 km of fortification
100 km of fortification

Forte Dosso del Sommo
Forte Dosso del Sommo



Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.