Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 43.64805°N / 19.77806°E
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 4665 ft / 1422 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Zlatibor rangeGiant massif of Čigota (1422 m) peak

CigotaCigota (1422 m) peak

Čigota (1422 m) ("Chigota") peak is fore sure one of the most beautiful peaks of ZLATIBOR (Golden Pine) mountain range, which is placed in the heart of Serbia, in its SW part, 230 km from Beograd (Belgrade), capital of Serbia and Serbia&Montenegro. Zlatibor range belong to the western part of wider DINARIC ALPS mountain system.

The Zlatibor range stretches at the height from 700 to 1496 m above the sea level (the highest peak is Tornik). The everage height of Mt. Zlatibor is about 1000 m above sea level. It is intersected by numerous rivers, streams and ravines.

Summit View

Ovcar & Kablar from Cigota summitView to Ovcar&Kablar
Cigota SW view to Durmitor rangeDurmitor from Cigota
Cigota viewView to Zlatibor town

Cigota (1422 m) summit offer enjoyment in many beautifully summit panoramas:

SW: DURMITOR range, Tornik (1496 m) peak

SE: PROKLETIJE range, HAJLA (2403 m) range

E: KOPAONIK range (Pancicev Vrh - 2017 m)

N: Ovcar, Kablar

Routes Overview

CLASSICAL ROUTE:

Zlatibor town - Spomenik summit - Cigota (1422 m) summit: 2:30h

Last steps to the summit of CigotaView to Cigota (1422 m) summit

Below Cigota summitCigota descend
Belowe the summitBelow the summit
Cigota summitOn the summit
On Cigota summitCigota (1422 m)

People mostly use the classical approach to reach the summit of Cigota (1422 m). That route start from Zlatibor town, from where you should firts reach the summit called Spomenik, from where you can see nicely the massif of Cigota peak. After that, you should follow the way which leads to Cigota, on it's northern side. From Spomenik peak to Cigota you'll spend about 2h of hiking. That's totaly safe tour without any exposed place or risk. You can climb Cigota peak during all year seasons. To be on the summit of Cigota is an wonderful experience.

Getting There

Cigota massifWinter scenery of Cigota (1422 m)

Cigota (1422 m) peak is located in the heart of ZLATIBOR range, placed on SW side of Serbia. In the centre of Zlatibor you'll find many places for parking, near many renting houses also.

By plane:
To Beograd (Belgrade) airport. Than by bus, train or car to Zlatibor Mountain (Belgrade-Zlatibor 230 km).
To Nis airport. Than by bus, train or car to Zlatibor Mountain.
Information about flights and tickets on JAT Airways web site.

By bus:
Beograd (Belgrade)-Zlatibor (directly bus line, 230 km)

Cigota massifNorthern massif of Cigota (1422 m)

By train:
Beograd (Belgrade)-Uzice-Zlatibor
The main railway Belgrade-Bar (Montenegrin town on coast of Adriatic Sea) is going through Zlatibor and partly through its massif.

By car:

Beograd (Belgrade)-Uzice-Zlatibor (230 km) - 4h
The main-road which links Belgrade with the seaside crosses Zlatibor, direct bus lines are reestablished with Novi Sad, Belgrade, Nis, Jagodina...

Currency: Dinar

Camping

Cigota sceneryWinter beauty of Cigota

You can camping on many places inside of Zlatibor massif.

In Zlatibor touristic centre you'll find a Post, exchange office, bakery, restaurants, markets, milk shops, green market where you can taste some specialities of that area, for example - "kajmak" - very good milk creme, good chees, ham, honey, and of course - famous "Shljivovica" alcoholic beverage. Also, very famous healthy drink is "Travarica", alcoholic beverage with minimum 12 herbs inside.

Weather Conditions

Pine & CigotaPine & Cigota

The micro climate is very special here - there is a great number of sunny days during the year (more then 200), and the "rose of the winds" is flowering exactly above Zlatibor. Zlatibor is famous as an air spa where mountain and sea streams collide. The summers are hot and the winters are mild. It rains relatively often and there is a snow from October to May.

ZLATIBOR METEO on VREME YUBC

Red Tape

No extra fees.

External Links

www.zlatibor.org
www.zlatibor.co.yu

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

ZlatiborMountains & Rocks