Mountain Sheep Point, a ranked peak in the Dolores Canyon.
- moved Needle Rock from list of possibilities to 5th class list - Jeremy Hakes reports that easiest route is 5.2 based on summit register entries
- changed Cheesman Mountain rating to 5.9 per Jeremy Hakes
- added link to Brian Kalet's new "Coffeepot" page
- set rating of Saint Sophia Ridge to 5.7 per Aaron Ihinger and Jamie Princo
- updated "Outlaw Peak" (name, rating, SP link)
- removed Point 6100 on Cameo quad from list of possibilities - found route no harder than 3rd class, mostly easier
- removed Point 7182 on Jacks Canyon quad from list of possibilities - found route no harder than 3rd class
Easiest route - 5.2
Haven't done these, but they're definitely in the 5th class category.
Definitely 5th class, likely harder than .10+, as the "easiest" line looks like a west facing arete with hard climbing above it.
Twin Thumbs (South): Easy class 3 with one boulder move to touch the top.
"Gore Thumb": Easy class 3 -- I expected more.
Thanks...I removed them
I have heard many people say NE Crestone is 4th class. few people usually rope up for it. Have you done it?
Yes, I've climbed Northeast Crestone. It can be tough to differentiate between 4th class & 5.0. I believe Lou Dawson's guidebook calls it 4th class, so maybe it should be left off the list. How about Peak Sixteen?
Ah Peak Sixteen should be on the list...good catch there.
I have a few friends who have done NE crestone and said it was only 4th class. I'll add Peak Sixteen though
Hmmm I always thought the rock on top of Whitney was more of a bouldering problem. When I think of 5th class climbing I think of roped pitches. What do you think? I'll put it in if you think it really warrants it but I know a couple guys who just leaped up and onto the top of it.
BTW, what about the towers at Garden of the Gods? I believe there are 5th class towers there. I'll look but if you know of any let me know!
I've climbed many of the peaks on this list sans rope: Jagged, Teakettle, Peak Fifteen, Coffeepot, Peak Sixteen, Rabbit Ears, PT 10093, The Castle, South Sheeprock & Raleigh, so I'm not sure if roped pitches should be a criterion for list inclusion. So, I would add Whitney.
"South Gateway Rock"
Added all 3...Thanks!
Silver Plume Mountain