A. B. Young Trail #100

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 34.97544°N / 111.76881°W
Additional Information Route Type: Trail-hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

From 189/89A intersection go north 8.8 miles. There is not parking for this hike. You might have to park on the side of the highway. Another option is to park in the Bootlegger Campground, but don't count on it. To get to the trailhead walk through the Bootlegger Campground, where you will se a set of stes going down to the creek. Go to the creek and wade across it. The water is cold. you will see a marked trailhead that reads, "A B Young Trail #100."

Route Description

This is a hike in the upper part of Oak Creek Canyon.
The distance to the top is about 1.6 miles and rises 1,600 feet. You can also keep hiking to the fire tower for a total milage of 2.85 miles and an elevation gain of 1996 feet.
Once you get across the creek you will see an old road running along side the creek. The trail goes uphill and the way is marked.
Most of this trail is exposed to the sun and there is little to no shade. This is not a summer hike and is best done in the spring or fall. The winter can also be a nice time to hike it, but prepair for it to be cold.

Essential Gear

The only reccomendations are probably just shoes to wade across the water in.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.