Viewing: 1-8 of 8
javiti

javiti - Nov 11, 2014 3:19 am - Hasn't voted

very interesting report

thanks a lot for sharing this great report of your exped.
congratulations for the strength put in it

markhallam

markhallam - Nov 11, 2014 12:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: very interesting report

Thanks a lot Javiti - and thanks for having the strength to read it! I was afraid it might be too long for most people.
best wishes
Mark

rgg

rgg - Nov 11, 2014 9:21 am - Voted 10/10

A fine story

As I've come to expect, once again you've written up a great account of our expedition, bringing back some fine memories. And I enjoyed reading about your successful trip to the Twins.

Mind you, I was a bit surprised to read about the behaviour of the guide. I mean, if you know that a bivvy hut in the Alps is a popuplar one and sleeps about 12 people, it's poor form to show up with a party as large as 6, and especially guides should know that. Besides that, even if a bivvy hut gets rather crowded, there is no need to show a frosty attitude to late arrivals, as if they don't deserve to be there anymore. Then again, guides are just humans too, and some humans are less social than others.

Here is an idea for next year: perhaps if you take the cable car up to Kreuzboden, you can drop off Eevee at the local playground and have another go at the Jägihorn via ferrata.

markhallam

markhallam - Nov 11, 2014 12:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: A fine story

Thanks a lot Rob - and many thanks also for taking on the role of expedition instructor - as we have discussed in the past you really should go off and do that officially - just think of it - a whole generation of brand new Peak Monsters : )
And finally - thanks (for the 3rd year in a row) for your take-no-prisoners proof reading, correcting and HTML advice... I have got used to the fact that I have to have my use of my own language corrected by a Dutchman!! : (
Berg Heil Sir
Mark
PS Yes noted your comments about behaviour at the Rossi Hut - next time I'm up that way (if Lyskamm beckons.. ) I'll take a tent!
PPS The plan is to go to Briancon next year so Jegihorn will have to wait... I shall probably be Eevee minding whilst the youngsters do some via ferrata - but I hope we'll take in the odd mountain as well... e.g. Mt Chaberton.

JanVanGenk

JanVanGenk - Nov 11, 2014 7:06 pm - Voted 10/10

Great reading

Thanks for posting!

markhallam

markhallam - Nov 12, 2014 1:58 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great reading

Thanks Jan!

You will have seen a few references to your good self in the text - and I enjoyed hearing all about your exploits with Rob before he joined us - and subsequently seeing the photos of the Brunegghorn North Face. That was a fine looking climb. And the climb you did on the Jegihorn looked spectacular, although haven't seen any photos of that yet.

best wishes, Mark

MikeLJ

MikeLJ - Apr 22, 2017 7:23 am - Voted 10/10

Great report

Really enjoyed reading this Mark. It looked like an epic couple of weeks!
Mike

markhallam

markhallam - May 1, 2017 1:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great report

Thanks Mike - yes, it was - and very lucky considering the weather.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Alps International Expedition 2014' main page