Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Asphazell

Asphazell - Jun 27, 2007 9:57 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice!

Great report...that was one helluva day, wasn't it? Let's do it again =) Looking forward to more climbing akin to this!

jamienellis

jamienellis - Jun 27, 2007 10:50 pm - Voted 10/10

Amazing!

WOW, Kiefer, that must have been time consuming to write. Amazing data & pictures. Your report really did justice to that climb! Epic indeed! Looking forward to some more fun climbs wit 'cha this summer. ;)

Kiefer

Kiefer - Jun 27, 2007 11:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Thanks!

Glad you guys liked it! I hope I represented everyone fairly or at least equally. It was a good day. One of the best I've had in years! See ya out on the trails or in the couloir's soon!

Kiefer

Kiefer - Jun 30, 2007 9:06 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very nice!

From the Thunder-side to Point 13,820, the rock/terrain looked to be very similar to what we had all day, basically very loose crap with frequent upclimbs/downclimbs of class-4. From Point 13,820 to I'd say maybe .1-.2 mile of Pyramid's summit, the going looked to me to be quick, less difficult but exposed and still loose. The last remaining section to Pyramid's summit was guarded by small cliffs, more than likely loose and in my opinion, exposed low 5th class. There appeared to be some chimmany's one could probably use. Someone told me that a guy named, Van Mcdaniel has done this traverse. I believe he visit's 14ers.com on occasion. Drop him a line to see if this is true.
I'd be interested in doing this myself.

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Jul 3, 2007 6:33 pm - Voted 10/10

Well Done

I don't have much time to read and comment on reports much any more, but this one's outstanding. Well written and the photos accompanying it are excellent. This is a real treasure trove for those that stumble upon it that plan on doing these mountains. Thanks for your time and effort in posting it on SP. Congratulations to you and your group in this ascent.

Alaska Mt Man

Alaska Mt Man - Jul 5, 2007 9:58 pm - Voted 10/10

Fantastic Trip Report!!

I second the WOW and I see why it's a featured TR - you really did the climb justice with both your descriptions and pictures. Congratulations!

Kiefer

Kiefer - Jul 6, 2007 12:32 pm - Hasn't voted

Thanks!

A big thank-you Aaron and Alaska Mtn. man. Puts a smile on my face reading your comments! I appreciate the feedback. Thanks for taking the time and perusing/reading it!

skier25

skier25 - Jul 8, 2007 4:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Thunder!

Thunder and Lighting Pyramids look like the most rotten piles of rocks in the Elk Range!

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'An epic day on Thunder!' main page