Bear Creek Spire - Ulrichs route

Bear Creek Spire - Ulrichs route

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jul 16, 2009
Seasons Season: Summer

Add Heading Here

We camped at Dade Lake and went for Cox Col, but ended up staying well South (left) of the route, favoring a more direct approach that required crampons and ice axe. This route was full of loose rock and I sent a rock down that almost took out my climbing partner. We were turned back by weather once we hit the ridge - it was only around 10:00 AM!

After ignoring the numerous (irresponsibly placed) ducks that could entice hikers into some sketchy descents, we finally found the correct Cox Col - and from here it was a surprisingly straightforward descent.

We were surprised to encounter a climbing party of six (including three children around 5 or 6 years old!) that were planning on summiting the north face.

If you are trying to spot cox col from Dade lake, you can see a human - shaped and sized rock jutting out from the ridge line's silhouette. It is small but it serves as a good place mark.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Bear Creek SpireTrip Reports