Bear Mountain Comments

Viewing: 1-17 of 17
GuitarWIzard

GuitarWIzard - Mar 19, 2002 5:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks :). With the many "fun" peaks submitted that we as mountaineers are interested in, it's nice to have something that the whole family can enjoy. One of these weekends, once I finally get over this bout of Bronchitis, I'll have to take the camera out and get some pictures for the page...

John

John - Mar 19, 2002 12:57 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page :-) I agree with Josh - it's nice to see some more Eastern peaks.

GuitarWIzard

GuitarWIzard - Mar 20, 2002 12:01 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks :). With the many "fun" peaks submitted that we as mountaineers are interested in, it's nice to have something that the whole family can enjoy. One of these weekends, once I finally get over this bout of Bronchitis, I'll have to take the camera out and get some pictures for the page...

John

John - Mar 20, 2002 8:02 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

> it's nice to have something that the whole family can enjoy



I agree! Often times, the hardest mountains for me to find are the ones that I can do with my family ;-)



> take the camera out and get some pictures for the page



I'm looking forward to it :-) Some photos of the autumn leaf peeping season would be excellent!

mpbro

mpbro - Mar 20, 2002 10:39 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

good stuff

MacRaider4 - Mar 21, 2002 8:07 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good information, thanks

GuitarWIzard

GuitarWIzard - Mar 21, 2002 9:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks....got to bring my camera next time, though. Perhaps an overnighter in a few weeks?

bigwally

bigwally - Mar 12, 2003 9:25 pm - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

Amazing page.....but you know that it NEEDS some photos.......write your OWN Trip Report, it gives folks a real good feel for what its all about......slide in a LINK, like one for Weather...www.weather.com.....with the local zip code in it, and folks can get an idea of the weather even 7 days out !!!! Keep up the good work, and THANK YOU for Caring enough to take time to Share what you know about Bear Mountain !!!

marygilbert

marygilbert - Aug 31, 2003 1:04 pm - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

Nice mountain, nice page,NICE WORK. You have done a wonderful job, on a small peak, and made it very appealing. It is such a welcome relief from the "white-knuckle" descriptions that other mountains seem to carry with them. Thank you for taking the time, organizing and assembling all the info.....MG.

Scott

Scott - Apr 9, 2004 10:24 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page, but it looks like it could use an update. Also, perhaps move the photos someone added to the front page.

jenniferdenoya

jenniferdenoya - Dec 5, 2004 4:36 pm - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

A few photos would be nice, but the information is very helpful. : ) Let me know if you add some pics and I'll up my vote to 4.

GuitarWIzard

GuitarWIzard - Dec 10, 2004 11:25 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Well.....it's been quite awhile since i've been on this site I must say.....and actually I haven't even climbed/hiked much in the past 2 years :(, but I am making my return shortly. Hopefully I can get some pics up at some point in the next few months of some winter hikes if I head up there.....

jenniferdenoya

jenniferdenoya - Dec 10, 2004 2:11 pm - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

Oh, hopefully you will! I'd hate to picture my life without the mountains...though I was fine for 23 years without out them...

; ) Hope you're out and about soon!

Tbacon251

Tbacon251 - Mar 17, 2005 7:20 pm - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

GuitarWIzard, add some pics and the page will be great.

Alpinist

Alpinist - Jun 19, 2005 10:23 pm - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page. It definitely needs some more photos, especially a signature photo. If I have any good ones, I'll upload some soon. A point of correction; the trail on the north side is class 2, with some possible class 3 sections as you do need to use your hands in some places. Also, your map link is broken.

2skinners - Jan 13, 2006 9:58 am - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

Not a bad informative page. The "50 day hikes in Connecticut" link appears dead. Could definately use a signature picture, but that doesn't affect my vote. Also I'm not completely sure this belongs in the U.S. Highpoints section since it is not the highest point in Connecticut. Let me know if you have info that shows it should. Let me know if you fix the link and I will upgrade my vote.

mrp281

mrp281 - Jul 22, 2007 5:54 pm - Voted 10/10

Fun Times on Bear

A fun time is hiking it from the South side and descending the north in the winter after a huge snow storm....fun times sliding down!

Viewing: 1-17 of 17
Return to 'Bear Mountain' main page