Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Andino

Andino - Aug 9, 2007 6:57 am - Voted 10/10

Nice page !

The proper spelling in French is : Pyrénées ;o)

Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - Aug 9, 2007 7:37 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice page !

thank you very much.. I've writen a lot of information with the pages of Bigorre, Badet, Pic long and I had some mistakes, I'm sure of this. I apreciate so much the opinion of the french mountaineers about this area. I'll write as well the page of Néouvielle in the next days. I love this area, it's beautiful

Andino

Andino - Aug 9, 2007 8:13 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Nice page !

Pleasure !
It's nice to see pages about Pyrénées !

ojo - Jan 27, 2011 3:29 am - Voted 10/10

great work.

I don't know how you've done it, to be honest. A whacking-great page stuffed full of info and.. looks great too, which is so important. It's easy to find your way around the page as well. Very professional-looking.


I read somewhere that the Salto de Roldán was (or could be considered to be) the Gateway to GUARA, (not Huesca). I liked the story, but maybe it doesn't belong on the area page.


I'll think about the main pre-P photo. Meanwhile, my plan is to incorporate your map (thanks) and change fotos so that folk who know the area have at least ONE photo on the page.


Yes, interesting about the western edge though I don't think there's much for SP. The borders with Zaragzoa around the Sierra de Santa Domingo and Puente de la Reina/Navarra... Some nice places. I've walked there (or course :) !!) .....

Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - Feb 5, 2011 4:23 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: great work.

thank you very much. When I wrote the page this area was whithout mountains and I made an effort to include a lot of information of a new area. After that I wrote pages about the peaks little by little... and maybe I could have writen less text in this area but I'm very happy with the page, it's probably one of my favourite pages. I used the same system in range of Aralar. I wrote the page of the range before the writing of the mountains and I worked a lot in the page.

And when the page was good ... I added visentin as contributor and he made a marvelous work with the map and more information. Now it's amazing.

visentin

visentin - Feb 6, 2011 3:20 am - Hasn't voted

Re: great work.

Thanks Rafa. I must say that even if little from your original text remains, the page would never look like it does now. The subdivisions of the different parts of the Bigorre you imagined are very well thought. The main defect of the old version is that it focused mainly on peaks, but it is difficult to write about an area we don't live in. If I was to write about the Spanish regions and their cultures & history, I would be also short in ideas.
Besides there are parts of the Bigorre where Rafa has walked more than me, and opposite too; this was verified too in the Luchonnais area, perhaps even more, which prooves the benefits of team work. Thanks again Rafa for allowing me this page.

I'm now looking forward to rework the Béarn a bit, but it will take a bit of time, like it did for this one. Rafa, I've got one request: have you climbed Gabizos and Pic de Ger ? Few pictures of them would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks
Eric

Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - Feb 6, 2011 2:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: great work.

thanks, you're great!

I climbed Grand gabizos, it was a very nice peak. I took some nice pictures of the valley but we had a foggy day on the summit. I could not climb Pic de Ger with my friends when my mountain group went to climb it... I don't remember the reason,... maybe a concert of Metallica or Rammstein... or a match of Osasuna (footbal team of Pamplona). I will climb it someday.. maybe this year.
I climbed also in Bearn the important Pic de Sesques (2.606m) and maybe it's the moment for me to write the page while Bearn change to the perfection!

visentin

visentin - Feb 7, 2011 5:19 am - Hasn't voted

Re: great work.

I will perhaps submbit Gabizos before finalizing the Béarn, I have a couple of photos from the whole ridge traverse, a great scrambling trip. And oh yes, Pic de Sesques is a "must-be" giant of the region. It will be greatly appreciated and I'll wait for your page of it ! And if you have some pictures of Pic de Ger even from below in the valey, that would be cool too. This peak is just too emblematic to be missed, and almost nothing about him on SP !

As for Béarn, I hope you don't mind, but I "moved" the Vignemale and Marcadau regions into the Bigorre, since the Balaïtous is the historical border between both. The Béarn page is now a bit "poorer" in subregions, but there are few other areas of the low hills to be developed, so the amount of content will remain as rich :)

Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - Feb 11, 2011 1:02 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: great work.

o.k. I think that the people prefer a new page about a peak (Gabizos) and not a great page about the area. I prefer also the peak in first place. And Bearn is not "poorer" because it has the most beautiful peak of whole Pyrenees and one of the most impressive mountains of the World... the pic du Midi d'Ossau... with this peak is very rich.

visentin

visentin - Feb 11, 2011 2:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: great work.

Ossau is special, it's a bit an "alien" in the Pyrenean landscape with its volcanic origin... a double cone not linked to any other ridge or mountain. I have a good friend who could speak hours about this peak... another man from my former mountaineering club who unfortunately passed away recently had climbed it 54 times ! (the last one one year before he left...) I have little time currently to write the Bearn but I will do it slowly... Sure there are tons of things to put. They come to my mind in the same moment I write !

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Return to 'Pyrénées: Bigorre' main page