Bomber Mountain, Wyoming (Standard Route) Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-1 of 1

Arrow34 - Jul 20, 2022 5:58 am Date Climbed: Jul 17, 2022

Bomber Mountain Hike  Sucess!

I hit the TH right at 5AM. I didn't know that the bridge was washed out, so I went MUCH farther up the east side of the creek before crossing over and then I had to bushwhack thru a very wet section of willows before I finally found the trail again. Luckily I have good Merino Wool socks and trail running shoes, so things dried out quickly. Still, I was pretty upset with myself that I made such a dumb mistake.

I made Mistymoon Lake by about 7AM and then over to Florence Lake and the plaque by 8:30. It seemed to take forever but I finally gained the summit by 11:30AM. I hung out for about 30 minutes before making the return trip down. I got cliffed up a few times on the descent, but I just backtracked and found a better route. Once I made it back to the trail it was a nice (albeit LONG) hike back to the TH. I somehow managed to lose one of my hiking poles when it came out of my backpack...hopefully someone snags it and is able to use it.

Round trip time was just under 12 hours. Not bad for a flatlander from MN!

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Return to 'Bomber Mountain, Wyoming (Standard Route)' main page