Buckskin Benchmark

Buckskin Benchmark

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Scenery

This album is a collection of my photos from my hike to the summit of Buckskin Benchmark in the Maroon Bells-Snowmass wilderness in August, 2009. I included some but not all of these photos in my trip report Sensory Overload in the Maroon Bells-Snowmass Wilderness. I created this album to organize all of the photos from that hike in one location.

I still consider this to be the most beautiful dayhike I have ever been on! It really was sensory overload all day long. Besides being beautiful, it is relatively easy as well. From Maroon Lake Trailhead it is just under 10 miles roundtrip with 3,800 feet of elevation gain. There is nothing technically difficult (other than snow depending on the season). It is a walk up!

There are two walk up routes from Maroon Lake Trailhead. The South Ridge which is reached by hiking towards Willow Pass. The other route takes you up Buckskin Pass. We tried the South Ridge route, but snow blocked our access, so we ended up ascending via Buckskin Pass. Since we hit both trails, there are pictures in the album from both areas. Either approach results in a beautiful route.

To access the Maroon Lake Trailhead, follow the directions found on the Buckskin Benchmark page.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Romuald Kosina

Romuald Kosina - Jan 31, 2010 1:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Info &...

Info & many pictures that means good album!!!
Congrats!!!
Romek

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Jan 31, 2010 8:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Info &...

I have been meaning to put together a few albums from this trip and finally got around to it! Between the pictures, attached links and a short description, hopefully someone will be able to use the album to help them plan a great day in the Bells.

Glad you enjoyed the album!
Mark

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.