Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Scott

Scott - Jun 5, 2007 10:12 am - Hasn't voted

Definately not narrowest, deepest, or darkest

It has been claimed to be the deepest, darkest, longest, narrowest slot canyon in the world.

It may have been claimed, but definately not close to true. It is certainly one of the longest onces, but no where even close to being the deepest, darkest, or narrowest slot canyon. Hundreds of canyons are deeper, darker, or narrower.

seanpeckham

seanpeckham - Jun 5, 2007 8:34 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Definately not narrowest, deepest, or darkest

I expect that's true, which is why I said "claimed" and only committed to "spectacular." I'll change the text.

Scott

Scott - Jun 30, 2007 12:44 pm - Hasn't voted

Under adoption??

How come this page is attached to the "Pages Up for Adoption Page"?

Did you not want the page anymore?

I am curious as to why it is attached to the "Pages Up for Adoption" page? Is this just by mistake?

seanpeckham

seanpeckham - Jul 5, 2007 10:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Under adoption??

The reason is simply that I assume there might be somebody who has spent more time there than I have, has researched it better, and would therefore be better-equipped to maintain the page and answer questions about it. I created the page not because I am an expert on Buckskin Gulch (I am not), but because so far nobody else has and I wanted to attach my photos to it.

I am happy to maintain the page unless/until someone comes along who is better-qualified than I am.

The other reason it is attached to "Pages up for Adoption" is that while browsing the site, I did not find any such Area & Range as, e.g., Paria River, Grand Staircase/Escalante area, etc. which would make a good parent. If you (or anyone else reading this) happen to know of one I overlooked, please let me know.

Scott

Scott - Jul 9, 2007 7:23 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Under adoption??

The other reason it is attached to "Pages up for Adoption" is that while browsing the site, I did not find any such Area & Range as, e.g., Paria River, Grand Staircase/Escalante area, etc. which would make a good parent. If you (or anyone else reading this) happen to know of one I overlooked, please let me know.

It's on the border of the Grand Staircase page, but since it's on the border, maybe not that one(?). Not every page has a parent, and in fact the parent area/range pages are almost always created last.

If interested, there are several Buckskin Gulch photos on the Wave page:

Wave

If you wanted, you could attach some of the ones on that page to your Buckskin Gulch page.

seanpeckham

seanpeckham - Aug 8, 2007 7:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Under adoption??

Since this page has been up for a few months now and no one has offered to adopt it, I have detached it from the "Pages Up for Adoption" page.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Buckskin Gulch' main page