Viewing: 1-3 of 3
mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Oct 9, 2009 8:01 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks

For adding this peak to the Bear River Range. I talked with SP member mtybumpo about what name I should give this and we decided Bullen Hole Peak. It seemed appropriate and a good idea since it is the actual name of a nearby canyon. Ezekiel is just a nickname that fit with the religious theme of the area. For the unofficially named peaks in the range, I looked for a close geographical feature such as a canyon or lake that I could name the peak after. Of course, Bullen Hole is probably not as cool of a name as Magog or Gog but it is as odd as they are.

mrh

mrh - Oct 10, 2009 10:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks

I was really lucky to get down there. I would have thought to put a call out to you and others on the Utah board to go along, but I didn't find out I was going until 11AM Fri. morning and I was driving by noon. Just didn't have a chance to contact anyone. Got in late and was on the mountain soon after sunup. It was a fluke opportunity. We had a friend visiting from England and she found out the night before that she needed to be in Utah. So I had to take her or give her my pickup, which I wasn't comfortable doing. She doesn't drive much and when she does its on the wrong side of the road. Considering SLC traffic I thought I should take her. Dropped her off with a friend in Brigham City and headed to Logan. It was a good time. But cold!

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Oct 11, 2009 12:22 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Thanks

I was wondering what you were doing in this part of the neighborhood. Now I know. It does look cold in your photos. All of that snow came about a week before. You were lucky to be able to hike in that area before there was too much snow on the road up to Tony Grove.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Bullen Hole Peak' main page