Viewing: 1-4 of 4
lcarreau

lcarreau - May 16, 2012 5:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Hi Bob ..

This is extremely angelic, to say the least ..

Gotta pinch myself, 'cause I believe I must be talking to an Angel.

Rock on ..

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - May 20, 2012 12:19 pm - Voted 10/10

wait for cooler weather

for SGA... maybe just a window of opportunity, an early morning start, whatever. CP's/Ram's 3rd class route across the river is long; the direct route (CP, Gerry Roach, Bo & Tanya's site) is brutal and in the sun a lot of the day. SGA.

At least you can get water at the river, so you won't have to carry so much.


If you take the latter route, check this TR

Maybe I'm more heat-sensitive than you, but that exposed sandstone feels brutal when it is 90F, and the brush leaves welts on sweaty skin! Wait till the salty sweat runs into your cuts!

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - May 29, 2012 2:58 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: wait for cooler weather

Thanks for the links. I already have some information from Bob Burd and was thinking of asking you as well. From what I recall, CP says in his book that the alternate route is harder to find and follow on the approach, so maybe I'll use the river approach but the other on return.

I wish I could go in May or September but don't have that option. The only other one is early April, which would be too cold if I had to cross the river.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - May 31, 2012 5:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: wait for cooler weather

My plan is to start an hour before dawn and start hitting the route-finding sections as the light comes.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Calling on My Guardian Angels, Part 1' main page