Calzada Romana below Puerto de la Fuenfría (1796 m)
La Calzada Romana (Roman Road) was built by the Romans in the 1st century under the rules of Vespasian. It was used until 18th century, when the road passes of Puerto del León (1750) and Puerto de Navacerrada (1788) were open. The roman road linked Titulcia (S Madrid) with Segovia so Puerto de Navacerrada road building caused that Calzada Romana wasn't used more as a Segovia-Madrid road. This section is approximately at 1700 m. Taken before nightfall while descending Montón de Trigo (2154 m) on January 7th, 2008.