Viewing: 1-7 of 7
colinr

colinr - Mar 1, 2013 2:22 pm - Voted 10/10

Spectacular Images!

The images on this page really show off the beauty of the area! The page is a good overview of the area, provides a worthwhile parent to organize pages around, and might draw a different/wider audience than the related wilderness area pages.

As far as ideas for potential improvement, you have currently left it extremely incumbent upon the user to make additional clicks to be aware of some important details/Red Tape. You might consider leaving all the links, but also emphasizing the need for Sno-Park Passes for visits outside of late spring-early fall. The fees to park at Carson Pass, Woods Lake, etc. in summer might also be worth a direct mention. Additionally, as I made note of in the corrections section, Carson Pass is a year round trans-Sierra highway (not closed November-May).

Noondueler

Noondueler - Mar 1, 2013 11:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Spectacular Images!

Thanks again Sean!
Do you want to share the page with me? Maybe you have the goods to beef up the page better. If not do you know where are the best places to find that info. I'm just not into dealing with it tonight! :D
Windsor

colinr

colinr - Mar 2, 2013 12:22 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Spectacular Images!

Well, I work by smartphone lately (no computer), so my images lack optical zoom and I'm not sure how easily I can manage/create/edit pages. The page seems good, but I'm concerned there should be an advisement about needing Sno-Park Passes late fall-early spring and paying parking fees late spring through early fall. The information is indeed there if someone clicks on your useful links. I wonder what tips are out there for avoiding fees, especially in summer. I've only hiked the area once, but have driven through a few times and intend to go back to snowshoe/hike someday. No rush on fixes. My original vote already improved the page score, but I'll bump it up a notch.

Noondueler

Noondueler - Mar 2, 2013 12:53 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Spectacular Images!

Ok, good enough. I'll provide info on those matters soon. Thanks for pointing them out. I'll add it soon when I get a chance and thanks again for the vote!

colinr

colinr - Mar 2, 2013 1:11 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Spectacular Images!

Well, I doubt it is highly important to you, but then I'd probably change my vote to a 10 (this was my first area/mountain vote under the new system--not that I have much power). Anyway, PM me if you want me to delete all these notes off your page when it's finished & thanks again for sharing the great photos.

Noondueler

Noondueler - Mar 2, 2013 1:49 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Spectacular Images!

No, it is important. I was there last summer and paid the fee myself for a dayhike. As far as the comments and corrections they are fine. They show the exchanges in the development of the page. I'll probably add the info over the weekend.
Really glad you like the photos man!

colinr

colinr - Mar 2, 2013 2:21 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Spectacular Images!

Ha! I meant miniscule page score differences probably aren't your motivation, but I'll keep an eye out for the changes.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Carson Pass Area' main page