Viewing: 1-5 of 5
mrchad9

mrchad9 - Dec 16, 2012 2:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Great page!

Good to see someone else is still putting up Sierra pages too. Nice to read others' comments on an area. Excellent writeup (and a few good links too).
;-)

boyblue

boyblue - Dec 16, 2012 2:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great page!

I always appreciate your comments, mrchad. I hope you took the time to check out those links to Mt. Hooper and Seven Gables... whoever made those pages did an incredibly good job! :-)

colinr

colinr - Sep 19, 2014 5:14 pm - Voted 10/10

A compelling ridge!

As I hiked up from Hooper Diversion Dam, I veered toward this peak rather than heading straight to the north side of Chamberlain Lake and the ridge up Hooper. I almost couldn't resist giving it a try as a long bonus route to Hooper, but having done no research on it, decided against it. It looks spectacular from some of the vanatage points below it to the west and north.

boyblue

boyblue - Sep 19, 2014 11:23 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: A compelling ridge!

If you took pictures from some of those points from below, I'd love to see them (and use them on my page- with your permission, of course).
Thanks for commenting!
-Gordon

colinr

colinr - Sep 20, 2014 12:16 am - Voted 10/10

Re: A compelling ridge!

I wish I could help more, but my timing was bad to get great shots of Chamberlain Peak every step of the way. Looking at your images and then at mine, I think the only worthy images I can add to your page are a few average shots taken of the peak from Chamberlain Lake. If you think any look good enough when posted to SP, you can use them however you wish. I'll be back to that general area sometime, but I may skip the Chamberlain Lake area in favor of easier routes to the deeper backcountry. I now remember that part of why I abandoned the beginnings of the ridge in favor of the lake was that I needed water.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to '"Chamberlain Peak" (1.2 Miles SW of Mount Hooper)' main page