Viewing: 1-4 of 4
visentin

visentin - Sep 30, 2010 5:24 am - Voted 10/10

wow !

I'll try to do a similar work with the 3 others. Seen the only one I've done so far ?

yatsek

yatsek - Sep 30, 2010 6:38 am - Voted 10/10

Re: wow !

Surely both are top-notched and top the Carpathian Huts chart.

peterbud

peterbud - Sep 30, 2010 8:39 am - Hasn't voted

Re: wow !

That's a complete article. Well, I am very short of time now but I can help with perhaps one more hut. The most I have been at Zelene pleso but I guess you'd like to keep that for personal reasons ;)

I have kind of mixed feelings about these High Tatra hut pages though, as they are dealt with on the area page (and I am also "guilty" for that :)

visentin

visentin - Sep 30, 2010 9:10 am - Voted 10/10

Re: wow !

I think it's not necessary to make pages for each hut in the Carpathians, there are too many, and many of them are almost like hotels.
Perhaps only the few that are really mountain huts, I mean above or around 2000, deserve having a page, as well as the "special ones" like pod Borisovom, if we judge it's worth going.
Teryho Chata definitely is a magic place. Zbojnicka a bit less but the location is so spectacular. I have mixed feelings for Zelene pleso being a so "intimate" place, but I like it for other reasons, not only the one you mention :)
For example from the first moment I stepped in in 2004, the guy served me a Slivovica for free as a welcoming present without any discussion. None of the huts I visited in the 2004 trek was so friendly. The experience of 2007 of Baranie Rohy proved again how their staff is competent and professional, always willing to make the best despite hard situations. And, finally, not teh less, you can BIKE to Zelene pleso ;)

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Chata pod Rysmi' main page