Cima Lastè Ski Route – Alpago

Cima Lastè Ski Route – Alpago

Page Type Page Type: Route
Additional Information Route Type: Skiing
Seasons Season: Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Medium Ski Alp - S3
Sign the Climber's Log

Introduction

Cima Lastè is one of the summit of Monte Cavallo that is composed also by Cimon del Cavallo, Cimon dei Furlani and Cimon della Palantina. The area of Monte Cavallo is called Alpago and it is part of the Prealpi Venete, about 50km north of Venice.

Approach

Autoroute A27, Fadalto exit. Drive to Farra d’Alpago, then to Tambre and to Col Indes. There is a big car park in Col Indes but usually, when the road is free, you can park close to M.ga di Pian Grande.

Route Description

Cima Lastè Map - Alpago

This is a 1100m ascent starting from M.ga di Pian Grande.
Follow the road in front of M.ga di Pian Grande and when the road turn left, go straight in a small valley. You will reach a plan in front of you, go on up to a road with a bar. Follow this road in the forest (it is marked 923). In about one hour and half you will reach the Sasso della Madonna. From here you can see your summit and check the route. Go straight on in the middle of the valley and soon you will be under a 40° slope. It is short but very often you will find hard snow or ice.
Sasso della Madonna - Alpago

After this wall turn left and you will be soon at Semenza Hutte.
Rif. Semenza -  Alpago

From Semenza Hutte go to the forcella where you can see the Bivacco Invernale.
Rif. Semenza Bivacco Inv. - Alpago

Turn right and follow the edge up to the top. Just under the summit you will find a short wall. Pay attention because the edge is usually windy and ice.

Descent

Cima Lastè - Alpago
Follow the same route as the ascent.
Cima Lastè Edge - Alpago

You have also the possibility of going down in the Salatis Valley. It is very spectacular but non a good ski descent. Turn right and follow the valley when you go back to the Bivacco Invernale.

Essential Gear

Ski and skins (of course). Avalanche detector. Crampons and ice axe.

External links

If you want to know more about this area you can visit:
www.montipallidi.eu
www.montialpago.it both are in only in italian, but there are many pictures and routes.

The italian version of this route is at this page

Geography
Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.