City Dump

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.36680°N / 121.13631°W
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: R
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.7 (YDS)
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 4
Additional Information Grade: II
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

FA - Jeff Thomas & Steve Lyford 1973

To quote Alan Watt's City Dump is "A wretched pile of junk" well, I didn't think it was that bad. So if you want a good long adventure in the main area check this route out. The first pitch has some horrible rock but improves a lot on the upper pitches the slab on P3 is a gem.

Getting There

This route is located on the far right edge of the Table Scraps Wall, it starts behind a large detached pinnacle.

Route Description

P1 - 5.7R - 110ft - Chimney up to the left trending crack system. Tread lightly up this crack system to a ledge with a bush and a nut and small cam belay.

P2 - 5.7 - 90ft - Climb the obvious flaring crack up the slab, the angle kicks back head up to a single bolt belay below the base of a steep bludge.

P3 - 5.6R - 150ft - From the belay traverse left to the small corner splitting the steep buldge climb this to the solid slab, cruise up the run out slab to a single bolt belay(hangerless) at the base of a wide
corner/ramp.

P4 - 5.7 - 90ft - Jam and stem your way up the wide corner to the top and belay.

Essential Gear

Standard rack to 4"

1 bolt hanger

External Links

Add External Links text here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.