Classical Route from the valley

Classical Route from the valley

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.59370°N / 5.0325°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: I / F - Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log



Approach


This is a reconstruction of the old classical route. People used to take this way to the top, along the wide corridor that go up between the ridge of Cueto Nebloso and Yordas.

Unfortunatelly, nowadays you´ll need a boat or someting to cross the reservoir from Riaño.




Name of the peaks, left to righ: Gilbo, Cueto Cabrón, Las Pintas, Nebloso, Pico Las Piñeras, Pico La Collada y Yordas

Route Description


You´ll start at 1100 m more or less, it depents the level of the water (the highest possible level is 1103 m).

In the past was really famous and popular, and a lot of people of different levels go along the corridor to the col on the top.

From this point reach the summit it´s easy and simple, similar to the "new classical route": just turning righ to the peak.

It doesn´r require technical skills and strong legs but be sure you´ll enjoy the route.


Essential Gear


Maybe... a boat. :-D

It could be great if you use a kayak... starting the journey from Riaño, leaving the kayak on the Yordas feet and then taking the corridor.

Snow shoes, gaiters, crampons and an ice-axe will be a good idea on winter.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

YordasRoutes