Cliff Point Comments

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Scott

Scott - Dec 30, 2013 9:42 pm - Hasn't voted

More?

The page needs more information.

Cliff Point is more a pile of rocks than a separate page, but maybe if more info was added it might make a good page.

Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - Dec 30, 2013 11:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: More?

I agree with you Scott. This point is merely a tiny mound of rocks part of Henry's Fork Peak.

michaelblodgett

michaelblodgett - Dec 31, 2013 5:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: More?

Dang if you guys feel that strongly about it I can take it down. I was just so excited to join and create a page, but you guys have already created pages for the peaks in my stomping grounds. I was planning on adding more information. Also is there any way you can add video to pages?

Scott

Scott - Dec 31, 2013 5:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: More?

There is an insert video tab, but I personally haven't used it.

PS, it would be best to put the page under construction if it is not complete. Go to edit page and click "Yes" on the Under Construction" tab. Once the page is completed, then you can change the status to "No" and everyone will know that the page is complete.

Cliff Point isn't much of a summit, but if much information is added, perhaps it would make a nice submission anyway.

There are still plenty of peaks to add in the Uintas, if that is your stomping ground. It would be nice if some more people added some (the only reason I added so many is because few others have).

Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help.

PS; a few little suggestions for easier reading.

Cliff Point depending who you talk to is either a Utah 13er or it is not.

The above reads a little awkward, especially for someone unfamiliar with why it isn't always considered to be a 13er. If you agree, maybe change it to something like:

Cliff Point, with 44 feet prominence, is often considered to be one of the Utah 13ers, though by some standards it doesn't meet the criteria for a separate peak.

[or something similar]

In my opinion it is a 13er, if it does not meet the criteria of prominence and separation from nearby Henrys Fork Peak (Fortress Peak) it is still a worthy objective to climb.

Make the above into two sentences, with a period where the comma is (an alternative would be to replace the comma with a semicolon). Also, add a comma after (Fortress Peak). Perhaps:

[[[In my opinion it is a 13er. Even if it does not meet the criteria of prominence and separation from nearby Henrys Fork Peak (Fortress Peak), it is still a worthy objective to climb.]]]

(PS; these are just suggestions; my own pages have a lot of similar things I could do to improve).

Also here in Utah high peaks are hard to come by so why not have one more to count.

I'm not sure what you mean, but do you mean only the 13ers as being high and what are you considering to be high? Utah has well over 4000 mountains, but some are higher than others. Depending on the criteria, there are 89 to at least 118 peaks over 12,000 feet, but only 17-24 are over 13,000 feet.

There are several trailheads one could use to climb Cliff Point.

Make sure to list the main ones as well as to provide driving directions to at least one of them (preferably more).

Hope this helps.

Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - Dec 31, 2013 6:00 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: More?

It would be perfectly fine to keep the page if you added some more info and at least a few more photos. Scott made Uinta pages before I joined the site so I wasn't able to make any other than my recently adopted Kings Peak page I still have to re-construct. However, I know there is a lot to say about every peak in the Uintas! Feel free to ask me if you have any questions about the site or the Uintas.

vanman798

vanman798 - Sep 26, 2023 7:51 pm - Hasn't voted

I'd be glad to finish this page

Will someone assign this page to me? I will be glad to finish it. Although not a true peak (whatever that means), it is a natural highpoint above 13,000 feet with peak like attributes. I'm doing all the Utah 13ers as listed in "Utah Thirteeners" by David Rose, and since he lists Cliff Point (which by the way is labeled on maps) I thought it was worth doing.

Silvia Mazzani

Silvia Mazzani - Sep 27, 2023 5:33 am - Voted 10/10

Re: I'd be glad to finish this page

Hello Vanman798,
the page has been assigned to you.
Thanks for collaboration.

Silvia Mazzani

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Cliff Point' main page