Climbers visible on the first...

Climbers visible on the first...

Climbers visible on the first pitch of the Northeast Ridge - strike that, it's the East Face! See Dave Hodge's correction below.
Nelson
on Feb 4, 2004 10:25 pm
Image ID: 40788

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Dave Hodge

Dave Hodge - Dec 2, 2004 7:23 pm - Hasn't voted

Northeast Ridge or East Face?

While not meaning to quibble about semantics, this looks like the route described in the Gillett guidebook as the East Face. The Northeast Ridge climbs the face of the prominent prow to the climbers right. I think the Roach book is bit more vague when describing the start, and many options ultimately join the ridge at either of the two prominent notches. It looks like this start cuts off the first 2 pitches of the Northeast Ridge.

Nelson

Nelson - Dec 3, 2004 12:05 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Northeast Ridge or East Face?

Quibbling about semantics for the sake of accuracy is warranted. Thanks. I've updated the caption. As mentioned on the main page, my recollection of what route we were on has faded through the haze of time.



Also, thanks for adding you excellent route page. I was on an extended business trip back then and missed it at the time. Coincidentally I first saw it earlier today while updating my RMNP pages regarding the Bear Lake road construction.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2