Viewing: 1-5 of 5
vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Jun 6, 2008 3:25 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent report

Should be front page material.

I'm not a big fan of glissading and your video made me less so. Looked like a pretty hairy run-out if you were to lose control.

Thanks for sharing.

imontop

imontop - Jun 6, 2008 4:25 pm - Voted 10/10

Very nice TR

Great job on your report. Awesome!

seanpeckham

seanpeckham - Jun 6, 2008 4:42 pm - Voted 10/10

just when I thought I could come off my high and get some work done...

...you had to go stirring up great memories with this excellent TR. I don't know about you, but I was not only too tired, but too dumbfounded to explain what we were doing up there "cross-country skiing on rocks."

JDrake

JDrake - Jun 7, 2008 1:06 pm - Voted 10/10

Great TR

Fun read and great video. Thanks for posting!

vanman798

vanman798 - May 12, 2009 11:36 am - Hasn't voted

May 9, 2009

Climbed North Timp via the Cold Fusion Couloir May 9, 2009. Being familiar with the area and the route, this time the hike/climb was much faster. We left Mutal Dell at 4:10 am and arrived at the mouth of the couloir by 6:20 am. By 6:30 am we were climbing the couloir and the first person in our group reached the 11,441 ft true summit of N. Timp by 8:20 am. Just over 4 hours from the trailhead to the peak, and just under 2 hours on the couloir.

The whole trip, with breaks etc included, was just barely over 8 hours. Knowledge and good conditions can sure speed things up!

I should also mention that the couloir had much more snow in it this year, and the cornices on the peak were much larger (of course last year, 2008, we did it three weeks later in the month).

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Climbing North Timpanogos via the Cold Fusion Couloir' main page